Alternative Editions of Contemporary Music.

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Alternative Editions of Contemporary Music.

Post by cybot »

Claus wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:35 pm
cybot wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:26 am Arrived this morning (eventually!). Double vinyl edition from Important Records up in Groveland, Massachusetts. Amazing what you can do with that 'ol radio static.....'tis the space between the stations where the real magic lies.....

This is amazing stuff! New discovery for me... Thanks for sharing!

Love to hear that! Enjoy.....
markof

Post by markof »

Oldie but goodie.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:45 pm Image

Oldie but goodie.
Nice one Mark.....

Especially the two disc Miles Showell remaster vinyl. I always had a soft spot for the original Side Two, namely the slowed down Gavin Bryars 'Three Variations On The Canon In D Major' by Johann Pachelbel. Here, spread over two sides, it sounds truly majestic .
Last edited by cybot on Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Still reeling at how good this set is from 2003. From my least favourite King Crimson period. Anything, in fact, featuring Adrian B just sours my stomach. A bonus side of material left over from the recording sessions is also included plus the Happy ep over on Side 4.

.....and what about that prophetic sleeve 😱

markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:51 pm Still reeling at how good this set is from 2003. From my least favourite King Crimson period. Anything, in fact, featuring Adrian B just sours my stomach. A bonus side of material left over from the recording sessions is also included plus the Happy ep over on Side 4.

I agree on the version of the band and I've never given the album a good airing, so I'll give it another shot this weekend.
BTW I really like the present version of the band with the drum heavy sound.
Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 pm
cybot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:51 pm Still reeling at how good this set is from 2003. From my least favourite King Crimson period. Anything, in fact, featuring Adrian B just sours my stomach. A bonus side of material left over from the recording sessions is also included plus the Happy ep over on Side 4.

I agree on the version of the band and I've never given the album a good airing, so I'll give it another shot this weekend.
BTW I really like the present version of the band with the drum heavy sound.
Mark.
You're in for treat. I played the second Lp last night and I loved it. Beautiful Fripp soundscapes on a couple of tracks plus other stuff to keep you from feeling too comfortable. Tonight it's the main event over on the first Lp. I just know it's going to blow me away even more 😊

Yeah that drum heavy sound is something else isn't it. I only have one example of it though on that single live disc from somewhere in America.

Oh and all that bonus material on the two 6 Lp box sets ('69-'74) are now being released separately, namely the LTIA alt set, the expanded USA double album, the Rarities double set and all the Steven Wilson remasters. If you a Crimson newbie I absolutely envy you!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Those of a sensitive disposition look away.....now.

markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm Those of a sensitive disposition look away.....now.

Brilliant. Saw the set on Qobuz an I must check it out.
Mark
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:40 pm
cybot wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm Those of a sensitive disposition look away.....now.

Brilliant. Saw the set on Qobuz an I must check it out.
Mark
Mark, you will not be disappointed. The booklets themselves are just incredible. The sonics are 24 bit rendered and sound stunning. A set that'll see me to the end of the rainbow in a little yellow tinted van ;) Gloriously unpredictable......
cybot

Post by cybot »

"Everything moves faster than we can control. Days are just flashes, moments are mixed up but burned on film, and all of the places and times are out of order."