MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

still working on it. Shall post when available.
Mike19

Post by Mike19 »

[quote="sbgk"]Initial view of the Singxer F-1 xmos xu208, phenomenal and it will only get better. Wow, a new era indeed.

- Hi Sbgk, I've been following your development of MQN with g interest, but have not tried it for various reasons. I am saving my pennies for a Focusrite REDNET3 (ref. rb2013's F-1 thread on Head-Fi) or a less expensive Chinese version, hopefully. The RD3 uses a DANTE card which I believe is incompatible with MQN - any chance of a MQN version that is compatible with DANTE? Is your F-1 continuing to improve, it (and RD3) should be night and day better than my M2Tech Young alone (according to rb2013's league table)?
Mike
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Mike19 wrote:
sbgk wrote:Initial view of the Singxer F-1 xmos xu208, phenomenal and it will only get better. Wow, a new era indeed.

- Hi Sbgk, I've been following your development of MQN with g interest, but have not tried it for various reasons. I am saving my pennies for a Focusrite REDNET3 (ref. rb2013's F-1 thread on Head-Fi) or a less expensive Chinese version, hopefully. The RD3 uses a DANTE card which I believe is incompatible with MQN - any chance of a MQN version that is compatible with DANTE? Is your F-1 continuing to improve, it (and RD3) should be night and day better than my M2Tech Young alone (according to rb2013's league table)?
Mike
Hi Mike

IMHO there wouldn't be any advantage of using MQn with RedNet3 because MQn is such a great player because it is optimised for the USB-driver and CPU processing.
With RedNet3 the USB-driver and USB device is taken out of the chain and is being replaced by transporting IP-packages over the CAT-cable and rebuilding an SPDIF again.

The quality of the sound has to come from the quality of RedNet3 recreating a good SPDIF-stream again which is then offered to your DAC.
In fact it shouldn't be mattering at all what software player you are using in front of the RedNet3 as the PC with the software player, is totaly decoupled from the RedNet3 itself by the IP-network/cat-cable, esp. when you put in a high-end audiophile galvanic LAN-isolator in front of the RedNet3.

I am very curious how playback via a RedNet device compares to the MQN-optimised USB-playback.

Cheers
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v266, haven't tried to see if different registers sound better than others before, but thought I noticed some improvement so have moved them about in the code so hopefully they sound best. Think it sounds a bit more musical.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
Mike19 wrote:
sbgk wrote:Initial view of the Singxer F-1 xmos xu208, phenomenal and it will only get better. Wow, a new era indeed.

Mike
Hi Mike

IMHO there wouldn't be any advantage of using MQn with RedNet3 because MQn is such a great player because it is optimised for the USB-driver and CPU processing.
With RedNet3 the USB-driver and USB device is taken out of the chain and is being replaced by transporting IP-packages over the CAT-cable and rebuilding an SPDIF again.

The quality of the sound has to come from the quality of RedNet3 recreating a good SPDIF-stream again which is then offered to your DAC.
In fact it shouldn't be mattering at all what software player you are using in front of the RedNet3 as the PC with the software player, is totaly decoupled from the RedNet3 itself by the IP-network/cat-cable, esp. when you put in a high-end audiophile galvanic LAN-isolator in front of the RedNet3.

I am very curious how playback via a RedNet device compares to the MQN-optimised USB-playback.

Cheers
Looks like Jabbr is going to be first to answer that question.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:uploaded play v266, haven't tried to see if different registers sound better than others before, but thought I noticed some improvement so have moved them about in the code so hopefully they sound best. Think it sounds a bit more musical.
uploaded play v268, the alignment was slightly out due to swapping the registers about, sounds best I've heard, didn't think it could be improved, but v268 is very good.

Right, onto hirez, promise.

uploaded loader v109 and rewrite v54 which has similar register optimisations to play v268 to get you that little bit closer to the music.
Mike19

Post by Mike19 »

@Aleg & @ sbgk re Singxer F-1 xmos xu208 & RedNet3 - Thanks, both, for the advice
- Mike
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v269, found a setting that gives a slightly more live sound.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:...

Hi Gordon

Succeeding in making progress on the HighRes version?
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:...

Hi Gordon

Succeeding in making progress on the HighRes version?
should have time this week, quite a lot of work.

Am sort of interested in what jabbr thinks as he is the only one I know getting a Dante device that used MQn before.

Anyone else tempted ?

uploaded play v270, improved mids, perhaps. v269 a bit dark in comparison.