MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

BTW John I don't want to dwell on it but kinda of stunned silence when one found out the products being used by some lads on that PFM thread. It made the demands for double blind testing seem crazy. I got the impression they had all tried every player under the sun and were wore out with testing and trialing players. Itunes and spotify. It shows it really is important to do the homework before engaging in 'battle'. Wizard of Oz stuff.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Welcome to all you refugees!

Moderation on fora is a thorny subject no matter what you are into.... And there may be many reasons why bans are handed out - both honourable and not so honourable.

We have a happy, respectful and decent forum here (although small) and I'd like to stay that way. I'm only mentioning this to all in case trolls follow the tail of the the herd here and start a row. Live and let live and enjoy the product of our efforts!

I'm looking forward to trying out 2.6 tomorrow night!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:BTW John I don't want to dwell on it but kinda of stunned silence when one found out the products being used by some lads on that PFM thread. It made the demands for double blind testing seem crazy. I got the impression they had all tried every player under the sun and were wore out with testing and trialing players. Itunes and spotify. It shows it really is important to do the homework before engaging in 'battle'. Wizard of Oz stuff.
Indeed, Tony, with the more rabid types, it's a self-fulfilling system that these guys mostly use with few enough exceptions. We've seen it with Maxflinn & now with Arthur on PFM. Notice how the systems they have are usually cheap components & this forms a big part of their skewed view - it's Foo above a certain price point.

They accuse those they argue with of expectation bias but this really must be the full ultimate realisation of expectation bias - they expect no difference in the sound, therefore they buy based usually on price & end up with system that fulfill their expectations - they can't hear any differences between anything. In their case their expectation bias is not a psychological trait, it is a fully realised physical system in place. A self-fulfilling system that matches their expectations
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I think we should not discuss too much about people who denying before they even try. MQn is fantastic as most of us already know, and it is still free for those who do not to get to know it.
Once they do they will change their mind, I am pretty sure. Then, they will blindly follow SBGK to the end of the world, same as all of us.
Last edited by cvrle59 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

You are right maybe best for Fran to just delete our posts. It is best to keep this discussion like any other thread on tirnahifi that just concentrates on the issue with light banter throwing in now and then for comic relief.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Yesterday was having fun talking about how great MQn is. Someone came up with a calculation how much MQn is worth. Shall continue here where we left off.

Originally Posted by cvrle59
What made me to write this after only a few tracks, was the voices. I have never heard anything like it in my living room.
I used owe CDS1/CDPS, Naim's flagship CD player at the time. People still argue if its the most "analog" sounding player from Naim lineup. It was followed by NAC82/SC, NAP250 and Neat Elites. This system was new, roughly $20,000.
It's been replaced with Dell Laptop/NAIM DAC-V1/NAP100/P3ESR/...should I mention, MQn player too...roughly $6000.
This new tiny system is killing it, big time. The music presentation is at completely different level.
When I went into an adventure of unknown, and I purchased V1/100/P3's, I couldn't even think of, where that was going to take me.
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by jesuscheung
$20,000 - $6000 = $12000 is the worth of MQn. buy MQn now! price will go up each week

Originally Posted by cvrle59
You got it...
Some looser still talk about it as a piece of crap, not even trying it.
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

I see you have been very discreet about my $2k commission.
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

2.60 sse4 intel - 8 add has best detail yet! Excellent. Thank you.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 best SQ for me, 8 add is a bit tight and digital sounding

would like to build a haswell audio pc, is there a spec I can follow, saw a reference to one in the PFM thread and thought it might have come from here.
tony

Post by tony »

There is Nigel will be along shortly as he is the resident haswell expert having done 3? I think already
If he is not around today will check it out later and post back.

Are you going to go for fanless case? I know Nigel built one with an FC8 Streacom case. Mine is fc5 larger but the build was early and not haswell.
FC8 case is a lot cheaper but more limiting in what can be put into it. Best for me to let Nigel explain