MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

"Have been following the PFM thread as they turn into a parody of themselves, brilliant."
By SBGK

I always join forums to read and learn, I guess nothing new, everyone else does too. From time to time I post something if I find it can help to someone, or I ask a question.
From that thread at PFM, I learnt 3 things:
1. how much people can talk about things that they know nothing about, because they didn't try
2. how much people can lie(someone who claims comparison between foobar and MQn - no difference)
Friend of mine who pointed to me to MQn in first place (thanks God he did) owes ZUMA (PC), Audio Aero Prestige monos, Wadia 931/922 (GNSC modified), two sets of ESL57, Valhalla
cables, and dozens of tweaks worth some $'s...so ton's of money whoever understands those brands and models.
He replaced JPlay in 2-computer mode with MQn, not even thinking to go back. This person from PFM is telling me that there is no difference with foobar, come on!
Friend of mine probably did it to promote MQn, LOL...I wouldn't be surprised if someone from PFM turns it around that way.
Yes, because he loves new presentation so much that he even shorten his sleep these days, he just can't stop listening music, no joke at all.
I already expressed my feelings and experience about MQn at CA, so I do not need to repeat myself all over again.

3. Not to wast my time reading such a crap, so I'm done with them!

I'm looking forward to try 24 version to make decision what I'm going to be buying in near future. Am I going to spend some extra money for 24/192 or I stick with 16/44.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

tony wrote:Not sure where he ultimately wants to go with MQn.
Didn't realise I could try it with any 64bit Winders, I'll be trying it soon. Looks easy enough. I wouldn't, I think, go so far as do a mass conversion to .wav, it's seems too "hands on", to be used regularly. But, then I haven't tried it, yet.

Stunned by the mayhem on the other chanel with the usal culprits.
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

Looks like the MQn thread on the other channel has been culled.
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

sbgk wrote:not sure mqnplayer.exe should be running, you should be able to play 16/44.1 using mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe as described in the mqnreadme.txt file
Sorry I meant mqnplay.exe not mqnplayer.exe. I think everything is setup as per readme but am having problems.

I don't think the batch file is working on my PC for some reason as the "files.txt" file is empty, although the param.txt file does have the file name and path of the wav file from the clipboard. However, if I manually edit "files.txt" to include the wav file I want to play and make sure there is no additional CR at end of file and then try to launch MQNControl --file "files.txt" I can see MQNcontrol running in task manager at about 25% CPU but I don't hear anything.

Regards
Clive
sima66

Post by sima66 »

cvrle59 wrote:"Have been following the PFM thread as they turn into a parody of themselves, brilliant."
By SBGK

I always join forums to read and learn, I guess nothing new, everyone else does too. From time to time I post something if I find it can help to someone, or I ask a question.
From that thread at PFM, I learnt 3 things:
1. how much people can talk about things that they know nothing about, because they didn't try
2. how much people can lie(someone who claims comparison between foobar and MQn - no difference)
Friend of mine who pointed to me to MQn in first place (thanks God he did) owes ZUMA (PC), Audio Aero Prestige monos, Wadia 931/922 (GNSC modified), two sets of ESL57, Valhalla
cables, and dozens of tweaks worth some $'s...so ton's of money whoever understands those brands and models.
He replaced JPlay in 2-computer mode with MQn, not even thinking to go back. This person from PFM is telling me that there is no difference with foobar, come on!
Friend of mine probably did it to promote MQn, LOL...I wouldn't be surprised if someone from PFM turns it around that way.
Yes, because he loves new presentation so much that he even shorten his sleep these days, he just can't stop listening music, no joke at all.
I already expressed my feelings and experience about MQn at CA, so I do not need to repeat myself all over again.

3. Not to wast my time reading such a crap, so I'm done with them!

I'm looking forward to try 24 version to make decision what I'm going to be buying in near future. Am I going to spend some extra money for 24/192 or I stick with 16/44.
You want good music - you are in the right place!
You want a good laugh - watch a comedy, or read PFM!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

I had a sneaky peek back into the PFM thread this afternoon - the naysayers were the only ones left, like echoes of themselves. It was so tempting to feed them!

Most of the sane people over there stay well away from the Audio Room. Some of the inhabitants would pick a fit on their own in a phonebox. And still lose.

Never mind.

Still very much into 2.60 8 Add. It seems to put everything in its rightful place in the mix and lacks any overblown bass characteristics where many players put a hump in the lower registers around 80 - 120hz. And the detail unmasked is addictive.

It's just a shame that sleep is required at all.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

jadarin - if you need some help drop me a pm/mail and we'll see can we get you going?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

jadarin wrote:Another evening gone,still i can't get this to work...Driving me mad at this stage.
I just seem to be going round in circles..Back to the dinosaur Jplay for me:)
You have to tell us some more before anyone can try to help you.
PC system, OS, MQN version used, etc.

Edit: I see Fran just jumped in ahead.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Clive101 wrote:
sbgk wrote:not sure mqnplayer.exe should be running, you should be able to play 16/44.1 using mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe as described in the mqnreadme.txt file
Sorry I meant mqnplay.exe not mqnplayer.exe. I think everything is setup as per readme but am having problems.

I don't think the batch file is working on my PC for some reason as the "files.txt" file is empty, although the param.txt file does have the file name and path of the wav file from the clipboard. However, if I manually edit "files.txt" to include the wav file I want to play and make sure there is no additional CR at end of file and then try to launch MQNControl --file "files.txt" I can see MQNcontrol running in task manager at about 25% CPU but I don't hear anything.

Regards
Clive
You also need to give more information.

- CPU make/model?
- SSE2 or SSE4 capable?
- dual or quad core CPU?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
markvandepas

Post by markvandepas »

sbgk wrote:2.60 sse4 intel 8 4 best SQ for me, 8 add is a bit tight and digital sounding
Same preference here.
8 add is too much 'in my face' and 'up front'
Win 8.1 -> RME PCI 9632 AES/EBU digital out -> Mogami W3080-00 AES/EBU XLR -> Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock -> Mogami W3080-00 AES/EBU XLR -> PMC Two Two 8