MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded z drive rewrite version
Thank you! :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I still can't believe what I'm hearing!
Few days ago I lost my battery powered regen, but, even without it, my system never sounded better than now!
V272 was a big improvement, but v273 is again a huge improvement over v272!

The most unbelievable is how good the mqnrewrite v57 is!
I know that mqnrewrite makes a big diference, but I can't understand how this version can make a such diference, compared to v56!
I just A/B it, not to test the diference, but to really believe that this is posibile!

Again, this is just my system.................. and I can't be more happier! :)

Thank you!!!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
Dave2016

Post by Dave2016 »

Gordon I'll be try the latest release tomorrow but can't leave a comment like "obviously not better than the best......." unanswered. Tongue in cheek or do you have something you can share with us?
internethandle

Post by internethandle »

Gordon's referring to the preference of some users for wtfplay to MQn sound quality-wise. As someone who can't seem to get wtfplay to work due to my mobo's UEFI BIOS and a seeming inability to get it to play nice with compatability mode, either, MQn is still easily my favorite player. And even if I could get wtfplay to work, the reported differences do not seem night-and-day enough for me to be willing to give up any multitasking/tweaking functionality via Windows by being forced to use wtfplay's Linux OS-based container.
internethandle

Post by internethandle »

Gordon's referring to the preference of some users for wtfplay to MQn sound quality-wise. As someone who can't seem to get wtfplay to work due to my mobo's UEFI BIOS and a seeming inability to get it to play nice with compatability mode, MQn is still easily my favorite player. And even if I could get wtfplay to work, the reported differences do not seem night-and-day enough for me to be willing to give up any multitasking/tweaking functionality via Windows by being forced to use wtfplay's Linux OS-based container.
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

AS one who could never get mqn to work but was able to get wtfplayer to work it would be interesting to hear what you think of the differences.

I gave up on computer audio. You have to admit it is amusing when either of the players (continually) making these gigantic improvements yet you eventually realize there is still a long way to go for getting musical sound out of a computer. Reminds me of something in between the turtle and the hare and how the closer you get to finishing a large project the further into the future the end seems to be. All of those unexpected things that are found that have to fixed, etc.

I sincerely hope there is a way but I am pessimistic at this point. I respect the efforts of both of these player's authors. They are leaders for the simple fact they are interested in getting good sound and not stupid cosmetics which interfere with the sound. For that reason alone I think (I do not know by any means) the simplest player should be the best, the one with the smallest footprint and the one that makes the least calls on the CPU and the power supply. But that could just as easily be an aesthetic conceit.

internet handle I would be glad to offer any suggestions for getting wtf to work. Send a message if interested.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Reminds me of what Putin said about obama's negotiating tactics.

Was able to hear MQn on the latest generation Intel i5-7200U processor, sounded very relaxing, space around instruments, good rhythm and detailed, when I go back to the haswell it sounds a bit harsher, whether it's down to the cpu or other factors, don't know, but potentially it's down to the new generation of low power cpus.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:Reminds me of what Putin said about obama's negotiating tactics.

Was able to hear MQn on the latest generation Intel i5-7200U processor, sounded very relaxing, space around instruments, good rhythm and detailed, when I go back to the haswell it sounds a bit harsher, whether it's down to the cpu or other factors, don't know, but potentially it's down to the new generation of low power cpus.
Probably the CPU make a bit of difference, but same as everything else!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:
sbgk wrote:Reminds me of what Putin said about obama's negotiating tactics.

Probably the CPU make a bit of difference, but same as everything else!
not the same as everything else, it really did sound good, so a bigger improvement than most other factors, perhaps .

gave wtfplay (0.6) another shot, seemed muffled yet digital sounding, so not the best player I've ever heard. Does everyone just tell him wow that sounds amazing.

Hope to get the wavert player working with the win 10 native driver which should minimise kernel interaction.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Since nothing new, then just a bit of "re-surfacing"! :)