MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

7.16 does sound amazing. that treble is superior.
it does have just enough bass to enjoy music.

got used to old mqn where bass > treble.
need to adjust.
comparatively, waspi treble is raw
satshanti

Post by satshanti »

tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded mqnplay 7.18 avx2, ks equivalent of 5.14, exactly the same loop without the wasapi bits
Gordon would you mind putting up a sse2 version of this one would like to compare it to the 7.16.
I second that request, and if it's not too much trouble, it would be really great to have another 2496 version again, to compare to the 7.10. Thanks a lot!
uwtfplay on AMD FX8120@1600 RAM@800 FSB@1200 | AQ Jitterbug | Atlas Element USB cable | HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC 2 | NVA Super Sound Pipe | SMSL sApII headphone amp | AKG K702 (or HiFimeDIY UD20 DDX amp | Anti-Cable | Celestion DL6-II)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:7.16 does sound amazing. that treble is superior.

need to adjust.
difficult to know what is correct, would say 7.16 is bass light. Once I get the ks bits optimised I'll be able to tweak mqnplay. Each improvement in ks render changes the sound, whereas I know what to change to get the required sound from mqnplay.

Have found a stripped down example of ks render, so hopefully I can get that working and drop portaudio.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Just to confirm:

Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer
Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 31 and 32, mqnplay 1644 7.15 wdmks sse2
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

Mqnplay 1644 7.16 wdmks sse2 still not playing on my setup, Even with booth new pa versions.
I used some time listening and comparing, I am quite happy with the details and the bass on my system.
;)
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
jrling

Post by jrling »

satshanti wrote:
tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded mqnplay 7.18 avx2, ks equivalent of 5.14, exactly the same loop without the wasapi bits
Gordon would you mind putting up a sse2 version of this one would like to compare it to the 7.16.
I second that request, and if it's not too much trouble, it would be really great to have another 2496 version again, to compare to the 7.10. Thanks a lot!
+3 please
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
jrling

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:7.16 does sound amazing. that treble is superior.

need to adjust.
difficult to know what is correct, would say 7.16 is bass light. Once I get the ks bits optimised I'll be able to tweak mqnplay. Each improvement in ks render changes the sound, whereas I know what to change to get the required sound from mqnplay.

Have found a stripped down example of ks render, so hopefully I can get that working and drop portaudio.
Agree with you both. 6.17 bass was just amazing and of course that underpins the whole harmonic presentation of the complete sound spectrum. IMHO that's why 7.15 sounds 'thin'.

Very excited by what SBGK is being able to advance on KS in such a short time. This ride is better than Alton Towers!
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Away for a week, watching developments over mobile internet, and back today so I started into MQN KS versions , ran wdmksdevices and Chord Hugo is 0, now running 7.18 avx2 and the sound is pretty spectacular. Most impressive, congratulations. No going back.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
janh

Post by janh »

On windows8.1 it is quite noticable how Portaudio 32normal is better than 30normal, when both are playing with mqnplay 7.16.sse2 and control3.64. Clearer sound (less fog), and finer details. A little joy to listen to. But really could do with more authority in the bass. Or maybe it is time to move my loudspeakers around.
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 7.18 sse2 and 7.20 sse2/avx2 which is optimised for instruction latency and throughput (haswell), might be ok on other cpus

uploaded 7.22 sse2/avx2 which uses instructions from the recent wasapi versions, quite like it. 7.20 sounds good, but gets tiring, there's something about that digital sound that becomes uncomfortable after a while.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Great job, Gordon! Mqnplay is now working with the newer versions, in detail:

Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer
Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 32,
mqnplay 1644 7.18 wdmks sse2 as well as 7.20 and 7.22
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: not tested
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

Watching carefully what happens in Core I have the impression it stops working even before it would stream to KS. All information about file format, file load and x-Exit is missing. In other works displaying stops after the file name. Might have something to do with the copy process?

Just my 2 cents
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4