MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

maroni wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded control v22 and play v148, be interested if it works on other dacs, works on mine. very sensitive to other things happening on the computer at which point it'll play at half speed.

may be able to get it working for other dacs if there is a problem.
+1 without problems - and I often have.
Soundwise stunning. Wondering what it makes so particular, slightly "euphonic".
Too early in terms of long-term hearing, on the way...
think it's interesting, slightly too much effect from interrupts and fragile. So going back to just play without counter, but have picked up some improvements along the way.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

think it's interesting, slightly too much effect from interrupts and fragile. So going back to just play without counter, but have picked up some improvements along the way.[/quote]

+1
Lets hear it Gordon
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v149 and control v53, doesn't use counter any more. Does it work for different dacs ?

should be 5 x less noise from interrupts 100 times a second to 5 times a second, works for me, with more depth to the detail.

if it works for different dacs I'll tune it a bit and get the non haswell version out.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded play v149 and control v53, doesn't use counter any more. Does it work for different dacs ?

should be 5 x less noise from interrupts 100 times a second to 5 times a second, works for me, with more depth to the detail.

if it works for different dacs I'll tune it a bit and get the non haswell version out.

Play just fine on Windows 10 regulr desktop doing other work as well.
Mutec MC-1.2 USB converter

---
Also with Diverter USB converter it is good.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
iori

Post by iori »

play 149, ctrl 53, loader 30 works with Amanero USB, both under r2 core and win 10.
It gives better clarity and depth comparing with the last non counter ver play109.

thanks Gordon.
s.nickols

Post by s.nickols »

Play 149, Ctrl 53, Loader 30 works great with my Windows 8.1 Laptop and the AR-T LEGATO USB Converter.

If helpful to know - the AR-T LEGATO USB Converter uses WAVELENGTH AUDIO's Streamlength Asynchronous USB Code.

Big Thanks Gordon!
DELL Laptop with SSD & I5x4200U, Windows 8.1-UD#1, AR-T Legato USB-SPDIF Converter (16/44100 only), Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD/DAC (GNSC Mods), RA Opus 30 Amp, Harbeth Monitor 30, REL B2 Sub, DSPeaker 8033c Anti-Mode Sub EQ, AR-T & DNM Cabling
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

ok, thanks all for confirming it works. I'm sure I've tried a similar method before and some dacs didn't liked it, but this one seems ok.

Have uploaded play v150 which is optimised a bit. Lot's more space around instruments. A suitable place to stop.

Next I'll work on a non haswell version and then Hirez.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: Next I'll work on a non haswell version and then Hirez.
Thanks!
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:ok, thanks all for confirming it works. I'm sure I've tried a similar method before and some dacs didn't liked it, but this one seems ok.

Have uploaded play v150 which is optimised a bit. Lot's more space around instruments. A suitable place to stop.

Next I'll work on a non haswell version and then Hirez.
play v151 might be better, 10 interrupts a second instead of 5, think 5 made the code too big.

uploaded sse4 versions of play v151, loader v30 and control v53, if someone can test them. These are the non haswell versions requires
sse4.1 instruction set.

If you've not been following developments, you'll need to use mqndevinfo.exe to get the device string to put into mqnparam.txt

play v152 probably best.

haswell 153/sse4 154 seems to have it all, really sings.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v155, hopefully the last one for a while