MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sebna

Re: MQN

Post by sebna »

Adam do you use your MQN with MQNLoader? I am asking as I am and I am wondering if re-writer benefits still apply if the file is converted on the fly to wave and copied between HDD and CF.

I am temporarily without audio-pc while waiting for new parts to arrive so cannot test it myself.

Gordon have you maybe received your new SPDIF converter? How do you like it if you have it already?

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sebna wrote:Adam do you use your MQN with MQNLoader? I am asking as I am and I am wondering if re-writer benefits still apply if the file is converted on the fly to wave and copied between HDD and CF.

I am temporarily without audio-pc while waiting for new parts to arrive so cannot test it myself.

Gordon have you maybe received your new SPDIF converter? How do you like it if you have it already?

Cheers
No Seb, I use the "old Tasker-folder way". Just copy and double click on MQn-aff.
The benefits of the Rewriter should be lost after the copying, but I tried the PeterT script which is copying the file into the root folder and rename it and I still can hear the benefits. Maybe less than in the first option, but some is still there!
Maybe in your case there will a bit to much, but never know, it's still worth to try.

Looks like Gordon already have the idea for a better Rewriter, or maybe it will be integrated in the "new" MQn. ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

sbgk wrote:anyone tried the rewriter with mqn ?

seems to have created a stir on jplay forum

http://jplay.eu/forum/computer-audio/dr ... -data-1.0/

think this validates to some extent the findings that the control program can change the sq.

shall produce my own version, see how it compares, should be better.
Thanks for the post Gordon.
I really like Bughead too....
Great sounding software... sounds excellent.... and outputs to the headphones!!
Cheers
jrling

Post by jrling »

do we need a whip round to get you a haswell ?

Stand down with the crowd-funding. Amazon will be delivering a Haswell CPU/1150 mobo real soon now.

7:21 of pure gold and one of my faves. As you recommended the gear to buy, I will play it as the inaugural track on the new rig!

We haven't heard your comments on the latest MQn releases? Are we getting the resolution that you enjoy?

Cheers
Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
TioFrancotirdor

Post by TioFrancotirdor »

9.09 tf with latest mqn control works great!
I also upgraded my DAC powering with moded Twistead Pear Audio Shunts 2.1 and output stage with Lundhal transformers LL1684 to use es9018k2m in voltage mode.
It sounds great!
Waiting for rewriter :)
Thanks again Grodon!
ASUS-H81i Plus, i3 4360, 8GB RAM, Linear PSU. USB/PCI PPA Studio V2.
Ubuntu Live USB in RAM
Soekris R2R Salas Ref D powered -> Modulus 86 -> MA Silver 8
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

sbgk wrote:anyone tried the rewriter with mqn ?

seems to have created a stir on jplay forum

http://jplay.eu/forum/computer-audio/dr ... -data-1.0/

think this validates to some extent the findings that the control program can change the sq.

shall produce my own version, see how it compares, should be better.
Easy to use and works well. It's very fast and run on one track you might not detect anything happening but run on a whole album you can see the temporary file appearing and disappearing . I tried it on 24/88 material too using Jplay and there's an improvement there too. Overall cleaner, clearer and more palpable sound.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

When using the newer versions of play and control is there any change in the "screen"?

Does it look as it always has or is it abbreviated?
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

3.94/9.09 digs deep into the music, all I can say. IMO, the best combo so far.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

rickmcinnis wrote:When using the newer versions of play and control is there any change in the "screen"?

My cmd screen occurs after starting a file, and disappears after few seconds. I find this behaviour very useful.
Regards - Fujak
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Fujak wrote:
rickmcinnis wrote:When using the newer versions of play and control is there any change in the "screen"?

My cmd screen occurs after starting a file, and disappears after few seconds. I find this behaviour very useful.
Regards - Fujak
+1
and mqnplay remains capable of receiving new songlists without having to stop mqnplay first.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.