MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sebna wrote:Adam do you use your MQN with MQNLoader? I am asking as I am and I am wondering if re-writer benefits still apply if the file is converted on the fly to wave and copied between HDD and CF.

I am temporarily without audio-pc while waiting for new parts to arrive so cannot test it myself.

Gordon have you maybe received your new SPDIF converter? How do you like it if you have it already?

Cheers
just received the u12 today, sounds like a new digital device, hopefully will open up and be less thin, but think it's showing promise, quite compelling, timing and insight seems good so far. same xmos chip and similar clocks as the berkeley alpha $1800 device, with scope for diy upgrades.

am going to get a chance to compare MQn to an upgraded LP12, so shall see how far apart it is.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

control 3.96 avx2 is first attempt at a rewrite type method, think it's different, hopefully can be improved upon.

what is going on is anyone's guess, this one uses memcpy, shall try assembly code next.
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Fujak wrote:
rickmcinnis wrote:When using the newer versions of play and control is there any change in the "screen"?

Does it look as it always has or is it abbreviated?
My cmd screen occurs after starting a file, and disappears after few seconds. I find this behaviour very useful.
Regards - Fujak
Thanks for your response,

Been working on the audio computer while my DAC is out of service along with my OS experiments and was worried something was going horribly wrong.

I do need to verify there is something happening but this is very helpful and I completely agree - the screen going away is beneficial.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

sbgk wrote:
sebna wrote:Adam do you use your MQN with MQNLoader? I am asking as I am and I am wondering if re-writer benefits still apply if the file is converted on the fly to wave and copied between HDD and CF.

I am temporarily without audio-pc while waiting for new parts to arrive so cannot test it myself.

Gordon have you maybe received your new SPDIF converter? How do you like it if you have it already?

Cheers
just received the u12 today, sounds like a new digital device, hopefully will open up and be less thin, but think it's showing promise, quite compelling, timing and insight seems good so far. same xmos chip and similar clocks as the berkeley alpha $1800 device, with scope for diy upgrades.

am going to get a chance to compare MQn to an upgraded LP12, so shall see how far apart it is.
Well, the LINN can only tell you so much. What phono amp will you use out of curiosity? And you might as well tell us the arm/cartridge of choice.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

rickmcinnis wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Cheers

Well, the LINN can only tell you so much. What phono amp will you use out of curiosity? And you might as well tell us the arm/cartridge of choice.
don't know, has a keel, so it won't capsize, think he said a naim arm, shall find out.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:control 3.96 avx2 is first attempt at a rewrite type method, think it's different, hopefully can be improved upon.

what is going on is anyone's guess, this one uses memcpy, shall try assembly code next.
3.97 better way of doing memcpy

3.98 using intrinsic rep movsq command

rewriter claim was that using non temporal instructions improved things, shall see.

in theory memcpy should use non temporal instructions, 3.97 sounds ok, 3.98 a bit less so.

amazing stuff.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Can the new controls be used with the older mqns which work with most DACs?

As I don't have a DAC on the list of recent mqn versions I've not tried new versions recently. I must admit I've not totally followed where we're up to...
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

3.97 avx2 works very well for me on Chord Hugo.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Ken Moreland wrote:3.97 avx2 works very well for me on Chord Hugo.
KM
+1
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:Can the new controls be used with the older mqns which work with most DACs?

As I don't have a DAC on the list of recent mqn versions I've not tried new versions recently. I must admit I've not totally followed where we're up to...
think so