MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 3.91 and 3.92 avx2

think 3.92 is same as 3.83, is 3.91 an improvement ?

don't think so
3.92 is still sounding clearly different from 3.83, but I think I may like it.
It is more direct and somewhat more delineated than 3.83, which is somewhat more rounded and softer-edged.
3.92 is a front row experience, voices and instruments are closer and more direct and up-front and clearly well separated.
3.83 is a middle row experience, you hear it more as a whole (but with clear positioning) and more depth towards the back instead of upfront.

I'm curious as to what Ken may think of it, I can imagine it looses a bit of the 'DSD-character'.

Ken, what do you think of control 3.92?

Cheers

Aleg
Last edited by Aleg on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sebna wrote:There is a simple way for everybody to create their own specific version for their device with HEX editor. It is possible even now if only one condition is met. Your device string has to be equal or shorter in character length to the hard coded string in a version you are trying to modify for your needs.
Hi Seb

Thank you for this extensive explanation.

I applied it to a completely new USB-converter of no related manufacturer, and your method does work straight out of the box ;-)
I was lucky to have a very short device-id on the new device.

Thank you

Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
lukivision

Post by lukivision »

sbgk wrote:
do we need a whip round to get you a haswell ? There's quite a step up in sound quality between normal and avx2. It's a bit like developing an F1 car, the technology get's passed down. Think we're nearly there with SQ, so next will be functionality. Never know, might integrate it with foobar, wonder what they would say to that.
Hi Gordon,

Foobar integration would be great. It's an universal tool, flexible, well developed and uncomplicated. With foobar MQN would be unbeatable (for a while) and benefitting lots oft people.

Luki
jrling

Post by jrling »

lukivision wrote:
sbgk wrote:
do we need a whip round to get you a haswell ? There's quite a step up in sound quality between normal and avx2. It's a bit like developing an F1 car, the technology get's passed down. Think we're nearly there with SQ, so next will be functionality. Never know, might integrate it with foobar, wonder what they would say to that.
Hi Gordon,

Foobar integration would be great. It's an universal tool, flexible, well developed and uncomplicated. With foobar MQN would be unbeatable (for a while) and benefitting lots oft people.

Luki
+1
I know several friends who won't touch MQn as it is, but would like a shot if it was a Foobar plug-in.

I might even buy a Haswell if you did it!
BTW I was also speaking on behalf of quite a few loyal supporters who do not have AVX2, who would like to be involved.

Actually the main barrier to upgrading my rig is the reinstall of the modified 2012 R2 all over.

At least now that you are reaching a SQ conclusion, we Normal guys can expect the definitive Normal version real soon now?

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
grisaia

Post by grisaia »

Tried that HEX editing sebna posted, unfortunately my string was too long :<
So yeah, waiting for version with longer string now XD
tanopereira

Post by tanopereira »

sbgk wrote:
tanopereira wrote:
sbgk wrote:anyone tried this player ? opposite of mqn, he took 10 years, so only another 8 to go.

http://oryaaaaa.world.coocan.jp/bughead/index.html

Since I've been left out of the MQN wagon (I don't have Win8 nor AVX2) I've been using Bughead, it is really good in my opinion. The latest version 4.20 is amazing.
does the normal version not work on win 7 ?
No, I am left with a totally unresponsive computer. It's been a while that I haven't been able to use it, hoping to upgrade soon!
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Just been playing mqncontrol 3.92 avx2 and mqnplay 9.05 avx2 aa , very impressive indeed, front row stuff ok. Recent mqncontrol and mqnplay aa versions really seem to encourage louder playing. Would I prefer 3.83? , no I don't think so, happy with 3.92.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
sebna

Post by sebna »

Aleg wrote: Hi Seb

I applied it to a completely new USB-converter of no related manufacturer, and your method does work straight out of the box ;-)

Thank you

Cheers

Aleg
You welcome. Glad it have worked for you.

What is your new converter? Is it Sonicweld from the sig? How do you like it?

Gordon any chance for a dummy string normal version as there are good few people hoping for it (the ciunas you have posted is even shorter then Meitner ;) )?

Thanks and merry Christmas everyone !
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sebna wrote:
Aleg wrote: Hi Seb

Thank you

Cheers

Aleg
You welcome. Glad it have worked for you.

What is your new converter? Is it Sonicweld from the sig? How do you like it?

Gordon any chance for a dummy string normal version as there are good few people hoping for it (the ciunas you have posted is even shorter then Meitner ;) )?

Thanks and merry Christmas everyone !
Hi Seb

No, the Diverter is in my main system for already a few years now and I think it is really great quality device.

The new DDC is the Mutec MC-1.2 that is now part of my office system and sits before the RME FireFace. I use the FireFace also as a DAC but it has a USB-interface that has no automatic sample rate switching, which is PITA when listening to music.
The FireFace is also in use as a mic pre-amplifier for home recordings but outside that sits as a DAC in my office system.

Cheers

Aleg
DJ le Roi

Post by DJ le Roi »

Sebna, thanks for your instructions to create a version for a specific device!

I would like to use my Teac Dac with MQN but it does not work, probably because of buffersize settings. Is it possible with the Hexeditor to adjust the buffersettings in Mqn?