MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

8.82 - bit of a code reorg, makes dweller on the threshold sound quite hypnotic
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded 8.80 avx2/normal and 8.77.

8.80 should find a suitable device to play, might only work if you just have 1 device that can play 16/44 as it just uses the first one it finds. Might work for those with pci soundcards and other devices that wouldn't work before as they seem to have 2 pins and this tries all pins up to 5.

I do like the sound of this version, there's just something about it.

gave up on the enumeration bolloeux and just loop through everything until it finds a match, it'll do for just now.

8.81 has a bit more foot tapping potential. difference is use of heapalloc/heapfree vs new/free, think there's a difference.

see it's 5kb smaller, just by using a c command instead of c++.
Thank you so much for your effort - no sound this time - there must be something else...
shame, we'll get to the bottom of it yet.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:8.82 - bit of a code reorg, makes dweller on the threshold sound quite hypnotic
8.83 - further code optimisation, cleaner sound. Which is more correct ?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
John Dot wrote:
Thank you so much for your effort - no sound this time - there must be something else...
uploaded kssample.exe, does that produce a tone when you select ksstate run ?
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:
John Dot wrote:
uploaded kssample.exe, does that produce a tone when you select ksstate run ?
Yes it does. Sinus tone.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

8.82>8.84/8.83

is has cleaner edges which is a good improvement
83 and 84 reverts to a more bloated sound
didn't try 8.80 or 8.81
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Great Gordon, I am back in the loop!

8.80 and 8.84 normal as well as avx2 running on my system (Server 2012 R2 AO 1.30, Minimal Server Mode fully optimized) Since the last working version has been 7.41 normal with portaudio this is a major improvement for me.

For now I could only check functionality, will try to get back with more details as I find some time to test. In addition I will have to update the Data below of the system as I finished a new Audio PC some weaks ago. I was not that lucky that all the other versions did not work with the new hardware as well - but just needed to be patient

Thanks again for all the great work!
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sebna

Post by sebna »

BTW does new KS MQN work in core mode? It should as it is KS. I cannot test as I still use WASAPi on daily basis and need minimal server for it.

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sebna wrote:BTW does new KS MQN work in core mode? It should as it is KS. I cannot test as I still use WASAPi on daily basis and need minimal server for it.

Cheers
Just a quick answer: Not with my system; mqncontrol.exe is working but no next step to mqnplay.exe.

Putting that into relation you need to know my exact setup as my hardware mentioned below is updated. I will try to find some time for a full post regarding all 2012 R2 settings with the latest version.

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

8.85, seems quite rhythmical which is wot digical sometimes lacks.