MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Karl

Re: MQN

Post by Karl »

tony

Post by tony »

8.91avx2 just having a listen now. I see it has dropped significantly in size compared to the last one I tested. Using a track played by Pearse today from Archie Shepp called the thrill is gone. Not the right title really to describe when an excellent version of MQn shows up.
Used JPlay today when comparing my L4.5 to Pearse's L7 and going back tonight using MQn the difference appears very clear to me. don't think it is the imagination, Pearse try 8.91 on your system to see what you think.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:8.91avx2 just having a listen now. I see it has dropped significantly in size compared to the last one I tested. Using a track played by Pearse today from Archie Shepp called the thrill is gone. Not the right title really to describe when an excellent version of MQn shows up.
Used JPlay today when comparing my L4.5 to Pearse's L7 and going back tonight using MQn the difference appears very clear to me. don't think it is the imagination, Pearse try 8.91 on your system to see what you think.
Good on ya, Tony - it's a pity we didn't think of trying this earlier in today's listening session.
Yes, that Archie Shepp track is a good one but no doubt we will be sick to death of it in a couple of months :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

unfortunately the code that selects the device affects the sq, the best sound is still where the device is hard coded in the program.

Can do a build for cuinas owners to prove the point (only because have had problems getting other devices to work), if you can provide the device name as per the ksstudio app discussed a few pages back.

mine is "\\?\usb#vid_16d0&pid_071a#413-001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave"

Have been inspired by the linear ps ripping thread in CA to try some data manipulation or rather bit refresh.

so have uploaded 2 versions of mqncontrol, an x 1 and an or 0 version. x 1 was my first attempt, it multiplies each byte by 1 and or 0 is the second version, it ors each byte by 0. Surprisingly enough the sq is different with the or 0 being better to my ears - what's going on ?

not sure about multiplying by 1, but or by 0 should give the same value. 16 bits is 2 x 8 bits = 2 bytes, each byte or by 0, seems to work.

x 1 seems to lose a bit of treble, original control sounds a bit messy compared to or 0.
jrling

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:8.91 - turn up to 11, think it's nearly there now.

Shall try and get hirez working next.
8.91 Normal has nailed it as you say.
Def the best yet. So clear and detailed.

nige - how does it rate on your resolution meter?

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:Can do a build for cuinas owners to prove the point (only because have had problems getting other devices to work), if you can provide the device name as per the ksstudio app discussed a few pages back.
Gordon, could that work for my FireFace UCX as well?

Thanks
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:Have been inspired by the linear ps ripping thread in CA to try some data manipulation or rather bit refresh.

so have uploaded 2 versions of mqncontrol, an x 1 and an or 0 version. x 1 was my first attempt, it multiplies each byte by 1 and or 0 is the second version, it ors each byte by 0. Surprisingly enough the sq is different with the or 0 being better to my ears - what's going on ?not sure about multiplying by 1, but or by 0 should give the same value. 16 bits is 2 x 8 bits = 2 bytes, each byte or by 0, seems to work.x 1 seems to lose a bit of treble, original control sounds a bit messy compared to or 0.
Working here but only on basic MQN option. 8.91 Version setting affinity bombs out.
Jonathon wrote:8.91 Normal has nailed it as you say.
Def the best yet. So clear and detailed.

nige - how does it rate on your resolution meter?
He is probably too busy tonight soldering a slightly smoking V3 PPang card but no doubt 8.91 is excellent.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Working here but only on basic MQN option. 8.91 Version setting affinity bombs out.

8.91 avx2 with control.exe or 1 works here. the control sets the affinity, don't understand your comment above.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Octagon wrote:
sbgk wrote:Can do a build for cuinas owners to prove the point (only because have had problems getting other devices to work), if you can provide the device name as per the ksstudio app discussed a few pages back.
Gordon, could that work for my FireFace UCX as well?

Thanks
Thomas
should do, is it a device or an audio card ?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:unfortunately the code that selects the device affects the sq, the best sound is still where the device is hard coded in the program.

Can do a build for cuinas owners to prove the point (only because have had problems getting other devices to work), if you can provide the device name as per the ksstudio app discussed a few pages back.

mine is "\\?\usb#vid_16d0&pid_071a#413-001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave"
Come on, the Ciunas :)
Have been inspired by the linear ps ripping thread in CA to try some data manipulation or rather bit refresh.

so have uploaded 2 versions of mqncontrol, an x 1 and an or 0 version. x 1 was my first attempt, it multiplies each byte by 1 and or 0 is the second version, it ors each byte by 0. Surprisingly enough the sq is different with the or 0 being better to my ears - what's going on ?

not sure about multiplying by 1, but or by 0 should give the same value. 16 bits is 2 x 8 bits = 2 bytes, each byte or by 0, seems to work.

x 1 seems to lose a bit of treble, original control sounds a bit messy compared to or 0.
That is interesting, Gordon.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.