MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: MQN

Post by Sligolad »

tony wrote:I am not one who should be making this suggestion considering my efforts but is that wise posting link?
Its OK Tony, Gordon is back and posting there again, just joined up to try to keep up with progress, there is a new 2.6!!!!!!

Post by sbgk »

Hi,

first post here, this site was very enthusiastic about MQn so am happy to be here, hope it's friendly . Will be interesting to see how far MQn can be developed, already have someone offering to improve the mqncontrol part and 2.60 sse4 intel 8 add must be nearing the end SQ wise.

cheers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote:
tony wrote:I am not one who should be making this suggestion considering my efforts but is that wise posting link?
Its OK Tony, Gordon is back and posting there again, just joined up to try to keep up with progress, there is a new 2.6!!!!!!
For all your Gmail users, Just another way of keeping up & one that isn't as confusing as the latest file is always on top - use Google drive & link to the MQN folders on SGBK's google drive.
Always have the latest version even before it is announced :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:Hi,

first post here, this site was very enthusiastic about MQn so am happy to be here, hope it's friendly . Will be interesting to see how far MQn can be developed, already have someone offering to improve the mqncontrol part and 2.60 sse4 intel 8 add must be nearing the end SQ wise.

cheers
Delighted to see you are still alive Gordon! Welcome aboard very much hope you continue the development and discussions here.
You can thank John and Nige2000 for their herculean efforts to get people to give it a listen.And we are grateful.

No you will not experience any hassle here but you might need to bring some of your programming heads here as that end is a non runner for me and some others.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

SGBK - you are very welcome here!! And yes we are fairly civilised here - although still descended from the apes!

Seriously though, well done on your efforts so far - it really is quite extraordinary.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
goon-heaven

Is it safe?

Post by goon-heaven »

Good to see sbgk posting here to the inmates. Feels safer that AA.

Hey Fran, do we need another regression after homersapien... lawyer_troll ?
james

Post by james »

jkeny wrote:
james wrote:A few quesions ..
a) am i right that I need windows-7 [or later] and that it will not work with xp or vista
Yep & 64 bit Win 7 or 8
b) i have a sound card [m-audio] with analogue and digital out; will it work with this or is it just for usb output
Shouldn't be a problem working with this card, I believe
c) do i need a particular modern cpu
Thanks
james
No, most CPUs now can handle SSe2 or SSE4 instructions - run a utility called CPUID to find out or do a search of your CPU to check this

Thanks ..
I have a copy of the win-8 beta [the free version] and I assume it will still work.
My CPU is a pentium D with two processors [2.8Ghz] and 1.5G ram
This is an old machine I can 'play' with.
I will probably just try loading it to see if it works .. but I will have to backup the current system which is XP.
My main machine is Vista and I can't upgrade it withou losing lots of pre-installed software
James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Fran wrote:SGBK - you are very welcome here!! And yes we are fairly civilised here - although still descended from the apes!

Seriously though, well done on your efforts so far - it really is quite extraordinary.

Fran
Thanks for the welcome, expect a few more will follow me over, it's been a help reading about peoples enjoyment of the program.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote: Thanks for the welcome, expect a few more will follow me over, it's been a help reading about peoples enjoyment of the program.
Great to see you here.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
rdsu

Post by rdsu »

tony wrote:Post 65 on Sbgk thread

Finding it funny reading JPlay forum about their 5.1 version, a few weeks after I started developung MQn I offered it to them asking why they couldn't produce an engine that sounded like MQn, needless to say there was no reply. Imagine my surprise when JPlay 5.1 was released with a new ultrastream engine, ha, ha, not the first time they have used one of my ideas - I told them I was getting better sound in v4.2 by making it realtime priority, next thing you know JPlay has real time priority. Anyway, the funny thing about 5.1 is that I read a post saying Ultrastream was now this user's favorite engine, but it sounded too slow. If only they had taken me up on my offer they could have got the speed right, maybe they will do an MQn sounding version later.
I found this interesting because ULTRAStream is made for KS, and JPlay authors said that is not possible to make it also for WASAPI, and MQn only use WASAPI.