MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

Clive101 wrote: My CPU is an Intel Core i5 2500T which is quad core SSE4 and running Windows 8.1 64 bit. My DAC is a dCS Debussy connected via on board USB. It doesn't have any drivers as it uses the Mirosoft USB driver. I have had this working with JPLAY5.1 and JRIVER Kernel streaming and JRIVER via WSAPI all fine.

In Windows I can see the dCS as a sound device and it plays fine and have tested it via JRiver and it plays in all modes (ie Kernel streaming, WSAPI, WAV Out etc)

Really appreciate any help or advice on what to try / test to get MQN playing.

Regards
Clive
install:
1. download MQn.bat, paste.exe, a version of mqncontrol.exe, a version of mqnplay.exe.
2. put them all in one folder.
3. if you download mqncontrol.exe no affinity v2, make sure rename it as mqncontrol.exe.
4. if you down mqnplay.exe 2.60 sse4 intel, make sure rename it as mqnplay.exe

play a 16/44100 file, must be wav.
1. ctrl+c to copy the music file.
2. double click MQn.bat
3. music should come out.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... Utbm8#list
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

jesuscheung wrote:
Clive101 wrote: My CPU is an Intel Core i5 2500T which is quad core SSE4 and running Windows 8.1 64 bit. My DAC is a dCS Debussy connected via on board USB. It doesn't have any drivers as it uses the Mirosoft USB driver. I have had this working with JPLAY5.1 and JRIVER Kernel streaming and JRIVER via WSAPI all fine.

In Windows I can see the dCS as a sound device and it plays fine and have tested it via JRiver and it plays in all modes (ie Kernel streaming, WSAPI, WAV Out etc)

Regards
Clive
install:
1. download MQn.bat, paste.exe, a version of mqncontrol.exe, a version of mqnplay.exe.
3. if you download mqncontrol.exe no affinity v2, make sure rename it as mqncontrol.exe.

2. double click MQn.bat

Thanks very much for instructions - I won't be able to try this till later and hopefully will be able to report back with good news later.

Regards
Clive
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Clive101 wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:

Regards
Clive
install:

2. double click MQn.bat

Thanks very much for instructions - I won't be able to try this till later and hopefully will be able to report back with good news later.

Regards
Clive
assumed you had the files sorted out

heres some pre made ones till you figure it out
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF

Win 8.1 is a nice improvement
what did you think of it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

nige2000 wrote: Win 8.1 is a nice improvement
what did you think of it
Over Server 2012?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

goon-heaven wrote:
what did you think of it
Over Server 2012?
didn't do a direct comparison but the gap between server r2 and 8.1 isnt as big as r1 and win 8

stick with r2

8.1 is probably better than r1 but i havent tested it

8.1 is great for surfing the net listening to headphones or desktop speakers with a little bit of sq
will suit a lot of people more so than our antics
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

what did you think of it
win8.1 has the same kernel as 2012 R2.

tried R2 for a week. in my setup, sound has layer of control. tune is flat. everything else sounds great. coz i think i have driver issues. will try it again when more 8.1 drivers are released.

currently back using 2012.

according to XA, win7 is best for SQ. XA is making audiophile win7 installation iso. can't wait. maker of XA has best hifi ears i know on earth. he is almost never wrong on tweaks in regard to SQ. he is an enthusiast like us.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Sounds like locking XA and PPA in a room for a week and see what they come out with would be an interesting experiment!

PPA is Paul Pang, need to look up XA....

Post by goon-heaven »

jesuscheung wrote: according to XA, win7 is best for SQ. XA is making audiophile win7 installation iso. can't wait. maker of XA has best hifi ears i know on earth. he is almost never wrong on tweaks in regard to SQ. he is an enthusiast like us.
Link please?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Sligolad wrote:Sounds like locking XA and PPA in a room for a week and see what they come out with would be an interesting experiment!

thx for the information of PPA! was having trouble with choosing a PSU. the answer seems to be on his blog!!

XA's blog is
http://blog.sina.com.cn/shanpcaudio

it's in chinese with some english translate.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:
Sligolad wrote:Sounds like locking XA and PPA in a room for a week and see what they come out with would be an interesting experiment!

thx for the information of PPA! was having trouble with choosing a PSU. the answer seems to be on his blog!!

XA's blog is
http://blog.sina.com.cn/shanpcaudio

it's in chinese with some english translate.
JC it would be disappointing to find out you were affiliated in some way to XA, I'm sure you are not.

I tried XA before starting MQn, for me it has an attractive effect on the timing, but at a cost of sounding digital. It also is developed specifically for one dac (firewire something that is popular in the Asia) and optimised for 24/44.1 ie all other formats are converted to this while playing.