JPlay 5.2beta - Anyone tried it?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
LowOrbit

JPlay 5.2beta - Anyone tried it?

Post by LowOrbit »

Just noticed Marcin & Josef have made their new beta available.

I haven't requested it - been busy enjoying MQn in my currently limited listening time - but would be interested to see some feedback.

It'll be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the new, slimmer kids on the block.

Mark
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
nige2000

Re: JPlay 5.2beta - Anyone tried it?

Post by nige2000 »

the thought of setting up 2pc streaming is making me cringe
will wait for feedback first
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I have been a champion of JPlay streaming for a long time but after recent hardware improvements I do not see me going back to streaming, in fact JPlay Mini 5.1 sounds really good on a well sorted audio PC. Running Mini on Ultrasize 24 direct on all bitrates.

Post by tony »

Tried a few of the beta's. Got one track out of the latest one. Then nothing. Seems to be a problem using Win2012 R2 at the moment with audiophil script. Maybe I need to do a fresh install but going to wait this out and see how beta's progress.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
taggart

Post by taggart »

Have tried 5.2 beta 12 using WS2012R2 + Audiophile Optimizer 1.21/1.22b as base. No problems so far with WaveIO board and Thesycon driver. Tonal a step forward compared to 5.1.
In my chain Dual PC is still better then Single PC, but difference is not as huge as with version 5.1.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

I've briefly listened to beta 12. I am reasonably impressed, but it's difficult to make a firm judgement as I did not try 5.1 on Windows 8.1. If there is anything lacking I would describe it as missing the last ounce of tonal resonance and depth. Otherwise very listenable, like the best MQn versions, it sounds quite "right".

I haven't tweaked the buffer settings, or bothered with hibernation and only on the one PC.

And I guess - haven't tried yet - it plays 24/88 and 96 out of the box.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s