SSD Upgrade..

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jadarin

SSD Upgrade..

Post by jadarin »

I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop with a SSD harddrive and was looking
for any recommendations...
Here's my shortlist so far..
Samsung SSD 840 pro series/Samsung SSD 840 basic series.
Crucial M500 SSD...
tony

Re: SSD Upgrade..

Post by tony »

I would go with the pro series. That is what is recommended for the zuma. If storing all your music on it that will be an expensive purchase
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

If it is for major file storage then this looks like a good bet, Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Basic SSD SATA 3,UltraSlim 7mm at £480 from Scan.
I ordered one to move my music locally on to my audio PC, I will be keeping 2 separate backups of the drive on spinning discs as i have been doing for some years now, there has been a lot of money spent on music over many years and it would be my worst nightmare to loose it all.

Being a Samsung I would hope it would be reliable as I have had good results with Samsung over the years, was an IBM HD advocate until they moved to the glass disks and they started failing some years ago.

Post by nige2000 »

i just usually stick to major brand names, then go with price vs performance/read write speed

ive had no ssd failures to date
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

I can pick up a 256gb samsung pro for around €170-€180.I like yourself i have 2 external harddrives for backup,just to be safe,so l think a256gb will do me for a while but has anyone any idea
how much space will be taken up on the ssd when i clone windows 8.1 o/s over.My laptop has nothing else really on the harddrive...
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Have a 840 here there good, but ive a 830 ehich is nearly as good and worth considering

prices vary alot check amazon
komplett ebay scan.co.uk
dont forget about del charges they can catch you out

a normal person could make do with 64gb ssd with external storage

I can survive with 128gb but 250gb odd would be nice
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's