I love this:
Mustafa - Mario Petri
Zulma - Vittoria Palombini
Elvira - Rena Gary Falachi
Haly - Valerio Meucci
Lindoro - Alvinio Misciano
Isabella - Teresa Berganza
Taddeo - Sesto Bruscantini
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Re: Youtube videos you might like.

Post by Seán »

Self indulgent of me I know, but I do love this:

Isabella - Marilyn Horne
Mustafa - Paolo Montarsolo
Elvira - Myra Merritt
Lindoro - Douglas Ahlstedt
Haly - Spiro Malas

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

nice to see you're enjoying a bit of Rossini at present Sean, and thanks for the links!

the Watkins Court opera group will be indulging in 'The Barber of Seville' on 11th Dec, as the club goes from strength to strength!
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:nice to see you're enjoying a bit of Rossini at present Sean, and thanks for the links!
Hi Jared, I love Rossini.
the Watkins Court opera group will be indulging in 'The Barber of Seville' on 11th Dec, as the club goes from strength to strength!
I am delighted that it is gong so well, it is a lovely idea, well done.
Last edited by Seán on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ode to Joy another flashmob:

fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Ode to Joy another flashmob:

I love it - anything to bring classical music to the people and to demystify it!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:Ode to Joy another flashmob:

I love it - anything to bring classical music to the people and to demystify it!
I am with you on that one Fergus. I have put that clip on my FB wall on two occasions and the feedback was very good indeed.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Go to the woods of Kyushu, Japan. Engineer a massive xylophone (or is it a marimba?) to run down the slope of a forested hill. Take a wooden ball, place it at the top of said instrument, and push it. What do you get? Bach's treatment of a traditional church hymn! Namely, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring."

And, all this for a Japanese commercial for a kidney-shaped smartphone with the tagline, "Touch Wood." I may be late to the party on this one, but when I think of all the time it took to set this up, the precision and measurements used to adjust it and actually make each piece, and how many takes the film crew shot, it continues to inspire even if it's a year old.
With 11,246,405 hits on youtube:
Seán

Post by Seán »

On Sunday, October 4th, 2012 Philips Symphony surprised the visitors Hill Gallery in Eindhoven with a flashmob.

Seán

Post by Seán »

In April 2012 Copenhagen Phil (Sjællands Symfoniorkester) surprised the passengers in the Copenhagen Metro by playing Griegs Peer Gynt. The flash mob was created in collaboration with Radio Klassisk http://radioklassisk.dk/. All music was performed and recorded in the metro.
One cannot fail to be enchanted by Grieg's music:
Last edited by Seán on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.