Forum birthday meet up

Fran
Site Admin

Re: Forum birthday meet up

Post by Fran »

Arrr, she be a thing o' beauty,

Just about the most beautiful CDP I've come across and the build quality is incomparable. Minty condition - and although I haven't connected this one up yet, I've had its little brother the SCD777ES here for a stay and the sonics were great. I'm really looking forward to hearing this one.

Do or do not, there is no try
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Hi Fran,

Could you pm me the directions, and would it be alright if I brought my son along. he is 24 and getting into computer audio,

regards,

Peter
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Shaping up to be quite the event! Enjoy and well done Fran for hosting. Looking forward to reading all about it.

Tried to upload a birthday cake (184kb) but... "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Terry
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Is that the SACD1 I've been studiously ignoring on Cloney's pre-owned section? It's an utter classic and I'm sorry I'm not going to get to hear it.

What a pain in the hole that this is the one weekend basically forever that I'm not free!!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

PeterK - pm sent - and no prob at all, all are welcome!!

Terry: you'll have to host it elsewhere rather than loading the pic to the site....

Si: yes, it is indeed the very one. The open/close mech would send shivers of delight through ya. I showed each of the kids here the mech opening and closing and from oldest (teen) to youngest (6) all responded with "oooh thats so cool"

Fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Room 1 almost set up....

IMAG0750_600 by francis morrin, on Flickr
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ah, crap, I have another birthday party tomorrow that I HAVE to attend - I'm going to miss all that nice gear including hearing the latest computer audio sounds but hey, it's not the equipment that's of importance, it's the people.

Enjoy yourselves, guys & a pre-emptive happy birthday to the forum
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Ah, crap, I have another birthday party tomorrow that I HAVE to attend - I'm going to miss all that nice gear including hearing the latest computer audio sounds but hey, it's not the equipment that's of importance, it's the people.

Enjoy yourselves, guys & a pre-emptive happy birthday to the forum
Your welcome to come down to me anytime john
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: Your welcome to come down to me anytime john
Thanks, Nige - I look forward to organising it sometime & also hearing the reports from the meet-up!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Diapason wrote: What a pain in the hole that this is the one weekend basically forever that I'm not free!!!
Shame you cannot make it Simon, was hoping to give you the background on the planned Scalford outing and more importantly let you hear a big improvement in my audio PC & Meitner since you last heard it.

Give me a call on my mobile in the coming weeks if you want any info on Scalford.
Cheers, Pearse.