Forum birthday meet up

tony

Re: Forum birthday meet up

Post by tony »

Tomorrow is going to be more like a mini scalford then a meet up. Probably a better spread of great gear in one small space compared to what will end up being demoed at scalford. All in Frans house rather than a large country house hotel!!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Another shiny new thing for tomorrow...

And in case you were wondering the SCD-1 is sounding great!! Whoever ends up buying this from Cloneys will be a happy camper I think.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Fran wrote: And in case you were wondering the SCD-1 is sounding great!! Whoever ends up buying this from Cloneys will be a happy camper I think.
Fran
If this is the same one that was up fore sale at Cloney's about 3 to 4 years ago then I came very close....just missed it by a day.....that was before I got properly committed to PC based playback and the Meitner!!
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Robbin the hifi store
Good man
Looking forward to it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Great meet-up today. Good to meet old and new friends, hear new sounds and enjoy the excellent hospitality of Fran and his family. Many thanks to all.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
ckspeakers

Post by ckspeakers »

Ken Moreland wrote:Great meet-up today. Good to meet old and new friends, hear new sounds and enjoy the excellent hospitality of Fran and his family. Many thanks to all.
KM
Echo this with bells. Great to meet more of the club and check out some cool gear.

Many thanks Fran.

C.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

great day
thanks for hosting

my PPA usb card is no longer working :(
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Echo the thoughts above. So much kit to see. 4 different type of speakers on display 3 from Irish manufacturers. All very impressive. Lost count of the amount of headphone amps and the sony CDP really looks the part. Many thanks to Fran and his family for hosting the day very enjoyable.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Hey guys, this won't do - really need a CES style report giving highlight of the show, etc.
Looking forward to hearing more for all those who couldn't make it :(
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.