JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Clive101

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by Clive101 »

tony wrote:Really it is whatever works for the person it is not a battle/race against one or the other. For a lot of us MQn was just a benchmark so we are inclined to compare it. How does JLP fair against Jplay for you guys? I am not using Jplay on the mainsystem anymore.
I've used JPLAY exclusively in the past - latest version 5.2 is a big step up from previous ones, however, since trying JLP I haven't bothered to go back to it - the difference was quite alot with JLP noticeably sounding less digital and alot more musical. Quite a surprise really considering the time and effort behind JPLAY
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive101 wrote:
tony wrote:Really it is whatever works for the person it is not a battle/race against one or the other. For a lot of us MQn was just a benchmark so we are inclined to compare it. How does JLP fair against Jplay for you guys? I am not using Jplay on the mainsystem anymore.
I've used JPLAY exclusively in the past - latest version 5.2 is a big step up from previous ones, however, since trying JLP I haven't bothered to go back to it - the difference was quite alot with JLP noticeably sounding less digital and alot more musical. Quite a surprise really considering the time and effort behind JPLAY
jlp is what it is, it's a lot better than squeezelite and pa on windows. It's very nice to listen to, but others have the edge when listening critically. There's still a lot wrong with jlp. As I said before, the next step is to get ks working in a minimalist setup.
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

sbgk wrote:jlp is what it is, it's a lot better than squeezelite and pa on windows. It's very nice to listen to, but others have the edge when listening critically. There's still a lot wrong with jlp. As I said before, the next step is to get ks working in a minimalist setup.
Well I really do hope you keep going with it - MQn is very good but I can only play 24bit files at the moment with it and JLP is the best software that supports 16 bit files in 24 bit container I have tried. A minimalist setup with KS sounds very interesting...
Sajk

Post by Sajk »

Hi guys, just installed JLp and also decided to uninstall Jplay 5.2 :-)

At the same time I could run only version V29, with V30/31 no sound at all. Do you hear noticeable changed in SQ with the v30/31 in compare with V29?
My setup: Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition + NAD M51 DAC
PC (Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition) & Pioneer DV-LX50 (CD/SACD/DVD-A)
DAC NAD M51, Amplifier Ayre V-3x, Speakers Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sajk wrote:Hi guys, just installed JLp and also decided to uninstall Jplay 5.2 :-)

At the same time I could run only version V29, with V30/31 no sound at all. Do you hear noticeable changed in SQ with the v30/31 in compare with V29?
such a long time since I did anything with jlp, can't remember.

get wasapi back in ws 2012 and try mqn.
Sajk

Post by Sajk »

sbgk wrote:
Sajk wrote:Hi guys, just installed JLp and also decided to uninstall Jplay 5.2 :-)

I will better stay with jlp V29, waiting for new improved and amazing version(s)!

Could you please describe the aim of Squeezelite_affinityset_2core program? As far as understand I can change CPU affinity for squeezelite with this utility.
Which command line I have to use?
PC (Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition) & Pioneer DV-LX50 (CD/SACD/DVD-A)
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Sajk wrote:
sbgk wrote:

I will better stay with jlp V29, waiting for new improved and amazing version(s)!

Could you please describe the aim of Squeezelite_affinityset_2core program? As far as understand I can change CPU affinity for squeezelite with this utility.
Which command line I have to use?
You could be in for a long wait.
Better try MQn.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sajk

Post by Sajk »

Aleg wrote: You could be in for a long wait.
Better try MQn.
I am using dedicated MusicPC under Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition. The main point of JLP for me is "remote control" for Android and IOs devices. So I can easy manage my music collection and control player as well.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Sajk wrote:
Better try MQn.
I am using dedicated MusicPC under Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition. The main point of JLP for me is "remote control" for Android and IOs devices. So I can easy manage my music collection and control player as well.
I am using dedicated MusicPC under Windows Server 2012 audiophile minimal server edition. The main point of MQN for me is optimal sound quality (which is far superior to the JLP solution) and use "remote control" for IOs devices via Remote Desktop apps to control the MQn player and select music from my music collection on my NAS.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sajk wrote:
Better try MQn.
tut tut

try mqn anyway it won't byte
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's