JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Julf

Re: JULF Player

Post by Julf »

John Dot wrote:JULF makes me sick so any other name is better.
Really? I love it!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded v16 of JULF Player dll and exe, a bit more meat on the bones, if mmcss is disabled the system timer is set to 2ms (as per aleg suggestion - sounds better than 1ms), the updating of settings is disabled - if you need to change them then probably need to change back to a pre v16 version of squeezelite, but it's important for the sq.

Maybe it should be called JULP - jumped up little player.

can't remember bass like this from MQn wasapi, ks roolz.

i'm not seeing v16 of the exe.

What should be used with v16 of the dll?

cheers

Aleg
had to upload the files again

jd, it worked ok with mine, though the ks device was selected before and I haven't disconnected it since.

just disconnected the spdif conertor stopped lms, restarted and it wouldn't play, stopped again, reconnected and restarted lms and all ok.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

JULF
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: jd, it worked ok with mine, though the ks device was selected before and I haven't disconnected it since.
just disconnected the spdif conertor stopped lms, restarted and it wouldn't play, stopped again, reconnected and restarted lms and all ok.
Still nothing (restarted my pc twice, disconected dac etc.)
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote: jd, it worked ok with mine, though the ks device was selected before and I haven't disconnected it since.
Still nothing (restarted my pc twice, disconected dac etc.)
have you tried to use an old version and select the device and then stop lms and change over to v16 ?
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: have you tried to use an old version and select the device and then stop lms and change over to v16 ?
Ok it works that way, but when I press apply (web remote control) there is no sound again. I have to stop LMS, get back to prev version, set the device, stop LMS and copy v16.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote: have you tried to use an old version and select the device and then stop lms and change over to v16 ?
Ok it works that way, but when I press apply (web remote control) there is no sound again. I have to stop LMS, get back to prev version, set the device, stop LMS and copy v16.
do you mean apply on the settings page ? why are are you pressing that with the new version ?
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: do you mean apply on the settings page ? why are are you pressing that with the new version ?
Ok got it now.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige, plenty of live sounds with this version v16, hearing things I never heard with MQn. You might think it is too smooth, sounds good on my system.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

just uploaded affinity set for 2 and 4 core. I'll do an unset later. Makes a difference, puts squeezelite-win.exe on core 1, everything else on core 0 or 0,2,3 depending on which version is run.