All of Bach.

Diapason

Re: All of Bach.

Post by Diapason »

Some of those organ performances are as fine as any I've ever heard on CD or live. And as you say, it's a joy to see and hear such beautiful instruments. It's really a magnificent project.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Abminor wrote:What a wonderful site! Many thanks for the link.
Before I clicked I thought it was just going to be audio files but it is quite remarkable with high-quality video, interviews and essays.
It's a treat to see these beautiful organs as well as hear them, and so educative to follow the registrations in real time.
What a resource! I wonder who is funding such an elaborate venture; truly a cultural service to the community.
Yes it is. I think that it is made possible by generous corporate sponsorship.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

This heathen has heard Bach's call to prayer:

http://allofbach.com/en/bwv/bwv-62/detail/
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Just magnificent.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

This is going to sound ridiculous, but having listened to the cantatas on CD so often, it's quite jarring to have a visual image and realise that the music is being performed by humans!
Seán

Post by Seán »

A new organ! (Treutmann organ in Grauhof)
A new organist! (Theo Jellema)
Same composer! (Bach)
http://allofbach.com/nl/bwv/bwv-615/detail/
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, and one of the first organ performances so far that I've had my doubts about! Must listen again...
Seán

Post by Seán »

One of my favourite works by JSB is BWV 243, the Magnificat, this is a very enjoyable performance:

http://allofbach.com/en/bwv/bwv-243/detail/
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:I found myself listening to some of the organ recordings this week, and they are absolutely top-drawer. From what I've heard so far, I would consider them to be superior performances to most/many of the usual suspects, and on really good instruments too. I was looking for an online performance of BWV 663 because I'm considering playing it myself at a recital over the summer, and on the basis of what I heard here I'm completely inspired to play it again. Superb stuff!
H Simon, in case you missed it:

http://allofbach.com/en/bwv/bwv-663/
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks Sean, it's a great performance. I never got around to playing it myself because I injured my ankle a week before the recital date, but it's just such beautiful music. I'll have to play it again soon.

On that note, I'll be playing BWV 542 in Dun Laoghaire this August as part of my recital in St. Michael's. Details will follow in due course, but the evening of August 7th seems likely.