the photography thread

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
fergus

Re: the photography thread

Post by fergus »

tony wrote:Very nice Fergus that would make a very cool album cover

Thank you Tony....perhaps one of those fuzzy electronica or ambient albums. It would never do for a Heavy Metal album cover!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:Absolutely stunning Fergus!

You can almost picture the poor old lady (of Shallot) ready to enter the scene on her last fateful journey.....Or even Arthur's sword coming out of the depths :) Let your imagination run riot!

Than you Dermot; the still mood that I tried to capture in the image certainly would lend itself to the story all right!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Just as an afterthought I thought that I would post a sister image so to speak just for comparison purposes. I recall many “discussions” with photographer friends on the merits or requirements of having a human presence in a landscape. Where stands thou on the subject....

tony

Post by tony »

Airbrush the earthlings out they diminish the landscape hugely!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
markof

Post by markof »

Do any of the photographers here use mirrorless cameras? If so, any opinions on strengths/weaknesses?
I'm thinking of switching from my Canon DSLR in the near future.

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
fergus

Post by fergus »

tony wrote:Airbrush the earthlings out they diminish the landscape hugely!
LOL!!!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

markof wrote:Do any of the photographers here use mirrorless cameras? If so, any opinions on strengths/weaknesses?

Mark

I cannot help you there Mark; I have always used mirrored for both 35mm and 120 formats.
What were you thinking of switching to?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Airbrush the earthlings out they diminish the landscape hugely!
Spoken like a true alien
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
markof

Post by markof »

fergus wrote:
markof wrote:Do any of the photographers here use mirrorless cameras? If so, any opinions on strengths/weaknesses?

Mark

I cannot help you there Mark; I have always used mirrored for both 35mm and 120 formats.
What were you thinking of switching to?
Hi Fergus,
I presently use a 5D MK II and a bunch of L lenses which have become too heavy for me on a long hike and am thinking of going to a Fuji X-T1.
Had a chance of playing with one recently and am impressed with the image quality, small camera size and control scheme - very like an 80's film DSLR.

What equipment do you use?

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
fergus

Post by fergus »

markof wrote: Hi Fergus,
I presently use a 5D MK II and a bunch of L lenses which have become too heavy for me on a long hike and am thinking of going to a Fuji X-T1.
Had a chance of playing with one recently and am impressed with the image quality, small camera size and control scheme - very like an 80's film DSLR.

What equipment do you use?

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I also use Canon for my "35mm" and, although very rarely now, Bronica for medium format (still analogue).
When I changed over from analogue to digital I really miss using my old Olympus gear which I had used for many years. I loved the lenses in that range. The reason that I mentioned this is because Canon was the only brand that felt really comfortable in my hand after the Olympus and that was a very important consideration for me. As you said when one is out and about heavy equipment can become something of a chore and an effort. I do not know the Fuji range but this is something that you have obviously considered in your own thinking. Good luck if you choose to proceed.