Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:I have it on vinyl too. It's a terrrific recording. What a wonderful interpretration of Rodrigo's work, it's simply beautiful. Even Fergus would like it!
Interesting....????
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:... you might want to get a copy of Porgy and Bess if you don't already have it.
I do actually have it on vinyl Seán. It arrived in the post earlier in the week.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:I have it on vinyl too. It's a terrrific recording. What a wonderful interpretration of Rodrigo's work, it's simply beautiful. Even Fergus would like it!
Interesting....????
Here you go Fergus, it's on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZq9Lk2hYQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emd0vJfy ... re=related
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
Seán wrote:... you might want to get a copy of Porgy and Bess if you don't already have it.
I do actually have it on vinyl Seán. It arrived in the post earlier in the week.
I am delighted, I hope that you really enjoy that too.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Thanks for those links Seán; I did enjoy them, especially the first part. I was very keen on the bass playing....quite intriguing!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Thanks for those links Seán; I did enjoy them, especially the first part. I was very keen on the bass playing....quite intriguing!
Paul Chambers was the bass player, in fact he was with Miles for several years. Miles plays open and muted horn throughout, oh it's gorgeous.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Came across this one in Tower last weekend and it aint bad at all.

Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Came across this one in Tower last weekend and it aint bad at all.

Dave, if you like Mingus, then you will definitely enjoy:
1) Mingus Ah Um
2) Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus &
3) The Black and the Sinner Lady
to mention but a few.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »