Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Derek »

Currently on repeat is Bill Evans - Conversations with Myself.
Bill overdubbing a three way exchange with his own separate piano tracks, recorded in 1963 it's still amazing.

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Good quality original vinyl is hard to get... new vinyl is spoken of in whispers...

Blossom should have been HUGE but she spoke her mind, wasn't 'compliant' in a record label sense and wasn't the kind of pretty those same record labels wanted on their roster. She was a great piano player, an insightful songwriter and had a self depreciating wit with a deceptively frail waif-like voice. Other musicians loved her.

Apparently she played the Cork Jazz Festival many decades ago and I'm told she was amazing..
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Only came across her name for the first time through Paul Rigby aka The Audiophile Man. She sounds quite unique though I still haven’t managed to have a listen.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

try this...

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks! The first one was actually the one I listened to last night. I’m not really gone on female Jazz vocals and never was. We’ll see…..
fergus

Post by fergus »

Charlotte Wassy: Niam

Wassy is a strong vocalist. Eleven of the twelve tracks on this album were both composed and arranged by Wassy. I must admit that I find the lyrics to be somewhat laborious. However, the performance levels of the accompanying musicians on this album are terrific!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Derek

Post by Derek »

Fergus I never came across Charlotte Wassy it's a name I must keep an eye out for.

I've been playing this among other Louis Armstrong CDs.
A magic recording from 1957 with Ray Brown, Herb Ellis and Louis Bellson, what a line up.
As laid back as a warm lazy summer afternoon.

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
fergus

Post by fergus »

Derek wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 am Fergus I never came across Charlotte Wassy it's a name I must keep an eye out for.
I may be wrong, Derek, but I imagine that you have it on one of your external hard drives. I could be thinking of someone else's HD though.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Derek

Post by Derek »

There’s a couple of HDs I haven’t delved into in a long time. So much music so little…