Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Aleg

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Aleg »

A great album of a much younger Chet
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Kenny Barron Trio yesterday at Ronnie Scotts Jazz club in London.

FA-BU-LOUS

See them wherever and whenever you can, you will not be disappointed

JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
markof

Post by markof »

Keep coming back to this fine record.
Great musicians on top form playing some fine tunes.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

Aleg wrote:Kenny Barron Trio yesterday at Ronnie Scotts Jazz club in London.

FA-BU-LOUS

I LOVE Kenny Barron's music-making and Ronnie Scott's Club is heavenly. I was there a couple of times in the eighties and it is a fantastic place for live performances.

Speaking of Ronnie Scott: Sky Arts had a programme on late last night with Dizzy Gillespie fronting a big band, it was a splendid programme. I didn't recognise (by sight) many of the musicians, but I immediately recognised the sound of the band and it was the Kenny Clarke, Francy Boland Big Band, Ronnie Scott was is in the saxophone section playing tenor sax. Derek Humble was lead alto, Åke Persson on trombone, Benny Bailey on lead trumpet, Kenny's Clare and Clarke on drums and Dizzy out front: it was great stuff!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Seán wrote:
Aleg wrote:Kenny Barron Trio yesterday at Ronnie Scotts Jazz club in London.

FA-BU-LOUS

I LOVE Kenny Barron's music-making and Ronnie Scott's Club is heavenly. I was there a couple of times in the eighties and it is a fantastic place for live performances.

Speaking of Ronnie Scott: Sky Arts had a programme on late last night with Dizzy Gillespie fronting a big band, it was a splendid programme. I didn't recognise (by sight) many of the musicians, but I immediately recognised the sound of the band and it was the Kenny Clarke, Francy Boland Big Band, Ronnie Scott was is in the saxophone section playing tenor sax. Derek Humble was lead alto, Åke Persson on trombone, Benny Bailey on lead trumpet, Kenny's Clare and Clarke on drums and Dizzy out front: it was great stuff!

Ronnie Scott's has been refurbished some time ago (not quite sure when because of the time span between my former and my recent visits) and looks super as well.
I've been twice this year and they have absolute top class musicians coming there, I wish there was a club of that level here in the Netherlands.

The setup in London was as on the photo: Kenny behind the piano, Kiyoshi Kitagawa on double bass and Lee Pearson on drums. Both Lee and Kiyoshi are truely faboulous in their own right. This combo is such a great setup. It was a memorable performance for me, probably never to be seen again.

Cheers

Aleg
markof

Post by markof »

Last studio recording from Joe Zawinul, this time combined with the Absolute Ensemble.
Think African, Middle and Far Eastern ethnic music fused with jazz and backed by a modern small orchestra.
A heady brew which works successfully due to the high degree of musicianship, composition and arrangement.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Continuing with my mood for Kenny Barron Trio or Kiyoshi Kitagawa Trio in this instance
markof

Post by markof »

Heavy stuff on a Saturday morning!
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote:Image

Heavy stuff on a Saturday morning!
Very surprised you're not on the ball! Nip over to the GTLP thread. #3 :)
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Ripping my Hank Jones SACD's

Cheers

Aleg