Aleg

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Aleg »

Seán wrote:
Aleg wrote:Image

Again an evening with my favourite jazz musician
You have good taste sir.

Thank you, sir.

Will see him together with Dave Holland in Amsterdam, coming November.

Getting excited already.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

Think this is very special, Miles electric jazz funk hendrix whatever it is period takes a bit of effort but very worthwhile imho.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Classic!!!
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
mcq

Post by mcq »

tony wrote:Image

Think this is very special, Miles electric jazz funk hendrix whatever it is period takes a bit of effort but very worthwhile imho.
So glad you like it, Tony. Have you heard Ornette Coleman's Dancing in your Head? Wonderfully inventive music. I think it's out of print at the moment but it's well worth tracking down.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
markof

Post by markof »

Golden sound for a golden autumn morning.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
tony

Post by tony »

mcq wrote: So glad you like it, Tony. Have you heard Ornette Coleman's Dancing in your Head? Wonderfully inventive music. I think it's out of print at the moment but it's well worth tracking down.
Thanks again Paul for the suggestions will try and hunt that one down on CD. Pangaea is excellent also. Have some of the other stuff Dark Magus etc on DSD so will have to wait a little longer before I can hear them.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mcq

Post by mcq »

Two beautiful albums by the Tord Gustavsen Quartet.  The addition of saxophonist Tore Brunborg was an important one, developing the tonal palette of the group sound still further and, in hindsight, emphasising just how important the transitional Restored, Returned album was to Gustavsen.  It looks like Marcin Wasilewski is broadening his group sound in a similar way, having supported Norwegian guitarist Jacob Young on his recent (excellent) album, Forever Young, and the imminent release of his band's fourth album, Spark of Life, which sees them working them with Swedish saxophonist Joakim Milder.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
mcq

Post by mcq »

Listening to John Abercrombie's most recent two albums for ECM.  It's been a relief to see Abercrombie back off from his effects pedals and experiments with guitar synthesisers to concentrate on straight jazz guitar playing because the man is one of the subtlest guitarists around and he really shouldn't play around with that gorgeous pure tone of his.  These are two wonderfully understated albums, which respectively draw upon Joe Lovano and Marc Copland, that repay the listener's close and undivided attention in order to fully appreciate the unshowy nuanced playing that is on display here.  Very, very satisfying listening.

Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Discovered this after watching American Hustle. 'Jeep's Blues' is brilliant but Paul Gonsalves tenor playing on 'Diminuendo In Blue And Crescendo In Blue' just takes you to another place. Have to check it out on vinyl!
Duke E.jpg
Duke E.jpg (40.83 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.