Post by fergus »

Avishai Cohen: Seven Seas

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by cybot »

Another fine cover. I’ve heard of him but that’s it. Isn’t he usually on the ECM label?
cybot

Post by cybot »

Now that’s what I call a stunning image.

fergus

Post by fergus »

Don Sebeskey: Giant Box

This is a terrific 2XLP set. I find the music to be very exciting, progressive, inventive, intriguing and engaging. It is also very well played by all concerned.
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:25 pm Another fine cover. I’ve heard of him but that’s it. Isn’t he usually on the ECM label?
That I could not say, Dermot. I have heard a couple of albums of his but I am not, in truth, overly enamoured with his music.
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Derek

Post by Derek »

fergus wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:30 am Don Sebeskey: Giant Box

This is a terrific 2XLP set. I find the music to be very exciting, progressive, inventive, intriguing and engaging. It is also very well played by all concerned.
I recognise that from a wee while ago Fergus, glad you enjoy it. It’s a hell of a list of great musicians.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Gosh! That's a great line up, I do not have those recordings. Don Sebesky was a superb composer and arranger of big band music and he wrote great charts for Buddy Rich.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:07 am Cannonball Adderley: Somethin' Else

That is a superb album. From the early fifties Miles Davis had become a giant of Jazz and was the band leader on all recording sessions. However, he did, quite rightly, hold 'Cannonball' Adderley is such high regard that he was prepared to be included as a sideman on "Somethin' Else".
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Derek wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:20 pm

I recognise that from a wee while ago Fergus, glad you enjoy it. It’s a hell of a list of great musicians.
All providing terrific performances! Cheers Derek.