Irish Classical Music Composers in my collection

fergus

Re: Irish Classical Music Composers in my collection

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:

Thank you for the recommendations Seán; I have looked at those already and have placed an order for these instead....

I opted for the Handley versions based on performances of his that I own of the Bax symphonic cycle. However I do own a number of performances under Lloyd-Jones' (including Bax) so no doubt I will eventually end up with those also.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

I have and love these two recordings by the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra led by David Lloyd-Jones, highly recommended. I have had difficulty in locating copies of the Second and Fifth by these forces. I must look for them again.

Image[/quote]

Hi Seán, your missing CD can be had for small money on Amazon UK....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanford-Sympho ... loyd+jones
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Hi Fergus,

As requested:

Irish Classical Musicians – Seven Pioneers of the 19th Century
By Basil Walsh
http://www.musicweb-international.com/c ... _Walsh.htm

Thanks again for that Seán; it offers even more material for further research!
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote: Hi Seán, your missing CD can be had for small money on Amazon UK....

Thanks for that Fergus, much obliged.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

A google search for 'Irish classical music composers' will locate this thread on the second page. Now if members were to join me in performing a google search on a regular basis over the next couple of weeks or so we might find it on the first page instead, just a thought.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:A google search for 'Irish classical music composers' will locate this thread on the second page. Now if members were to join me in performing a google search on a regular basis over the next couple of weeks or so we might find it on the first page instead, just a thought.

I've just added a link on the forum's face book page to the thread as well... Well done lads...
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:
Seán wrote:A google search for 'Irish classical music composers' will locate this thread on the second page. Now if members were to join me in performing a google search on a regular basis over the next couple of weeks or so we might find it on the first page instead, just a thought.

I've just added a link on the forum's face book page to the thread as well... Well done lads...
Thanks Ivor and I've shared it.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
fergus wrote: Hi Seán, your missing CD can be had for small money on Amazon UK....

Thanks for that Fergus, much obliged.
Cheers Seán; I hope that you buy and enjoy it!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Thank you for your persistence in this one Seán; I knew that you would not give it up!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ivor wrote:

Thank you very much Ivor; I am much obliged.