Lampizator Big7

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Sligolad

Re: Lampizator Big7

Post by Sligolad »

Definitely worth doing a comparison with the Big7 at a meetup as I already have run LifePo 3.3v batteries on the same inputs and I still have the batteries ready to easily switch back and forth in seconds.
My belief so far is the regulators have the edge but I could be wrong since I have made a lot of changes in recent weeks and months.

I am hearing music like i never heard it before with new Wtfplay, ISO Hub, Regulators, baffles on the Raidhos and various tweaks.

In terms of paralleling these regulators could they be built in an array to give 1.3v out at 5 or 6 amps?
I would make that investment if I could get a build that would give me this voltage and current to try on the RAM power, this may be my last line of attack and improvement on the Mobo.

Post by frd1996 »

Sligolad wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 pm In terms of paralleling these regulators could they be built in an array to give 1.3v out at 5 or 6 amps?
That should be doable. There is no guarantee that this will bring any improvement though :)

F
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks Fryderyk...looks like a project for further discussion.

I think we have all gotten used to no guarantees with this kind of stuff and with my current hit rate at about 1 in 3 for mods it could very likely not give any improvement, never stopped me in the past and I had been considering going to Paul Hynes for a 1.3 volt supply but the year or so wait was not inspiring me.

Given that clean power has been one of the key requirements to many improvements and with Wtfplay and Music all running off RAM I certainly think it is worth the investment for me, a couple of hundred Euro's on a 1.3v supply for RAM is definitely on my short list.

Post by nige2000 »

are we looking at 20 regs for 6a or is that oversimplifying?
hmmn would be curious how a bank of supercapacitors would work even with different regs
supercaps usually have a max of 2.7 v, for this it makes them more useful than usual
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
frd1996

Post by frd1996 »

With QTY of 20pcs the price drops to EUR 4 per pc. A EUR 100 just for the regs.

F