Lampizator Big7

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
jkeny

Re: Lampizator Big7

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:ill see if i can find my anker

take it the intona wouldnt like a dose of 6.6v?
I have one too that Ill bring along. AFAIR, there were a number of these floating around - Tony has one that he might bring along?
Don't know if the Intona would be happy with 6.6V?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

jkeny wrote:
Sligolad wrote:Hi John,

Do not have a 5v battery at the moment but will bring all the gear tomorrow and we can try the Isohub instead.
Could be a very busy day but looking forward to it....I think a pen and notepad may be needed!!

Cheers, Pearse.
I thought you had an Anker battery pack or two, no?
Good man John...I need 2 heads, forgot about those Ankers.
I think I left one at Tony's and another here which I promised to Fran a long time ago and forgot to bring out to him.
I am going to dig it out now from the ever growing pile of stuff and put it on charge, will bring it tomorrow and its Fran's if he still needs it.

Cheers, Pearse.

Post by tony »

Have that anker sitting in the drawer here Pearse. I don't think it is any use for tomorrow 19 16 and 12 volts. Will bring my anker for the intona(which I will be bringing also) Let the bloody anker charge down. Currently charging it. Takes ages.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote:wouldn't have thought the isolator would make so much difference
reclocker should be a dead cert for another lift, if i remember right the 768's pinout will allow for short wire to a 574 chip it could be a pretty neat solution and could be powered from the same ps as the clean side of the isolator
Wired in the reclocker Nige and I am amazed at the significant improvement, could hear it from the first track.
Pretty surprised how good the improvement was given my previous experience trying to get more out of Amanero but this is definitely a keeper.
I built it so it could be hot swapped during playback but the moment i turned it on with a Lipo powering the chip I have been listening to music since not wanting to go pulling it out and do further testing.
The female connector is epoxied to the Chip and this connects to the USB board, so I have a fairly short run from the mclk out to the reclocker in.

Been thinking this evening that after 3 days at Munich HiFi Show this year my system is now competing with the most resolving systems, with soundstage localisation and dynamics from the best systems I heard there at Mega money.
Where it actually beats all the systems I heard is that it engages me more in the music now than any of the systems I heard, maybe the left brain is more engaged at shows but at the moment the music really drags me in when listening this past few days with all the recent improvements.

The Big7 is now in a totally different league from where it has been for the past 2 years.
Some pics below:

Post by nige2000 »

really cool
i was hoping you'd try it

it really is astounding how much influence the equipment has pre dac

i assume clarity, better focus and micro detail?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

The two of you will have to go into full time production and development. I expect Lukasz will be updating his Golden Gate with a reclocker shortly. Have to talk to you Pearse at some point about approaching this.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote:really cool
All of the above Nige but a smoothness and relaxed nature as well which draws you into the music.
Difficult to explain really as it all seems to contradict itself when you read the above, but you certainly feel more connected with the performance.

Think I might have to order another card as in all the wiring, plugging and unplugging with various grounding configs I have lost DSD on the card, probably did something silly along the way and corrupted a chip.
At least now I have a config that works and no more messing needed with soldering and wiring with 3 separate power supplies.

I think I am going to stop here now for a while Tony, so as soon as I get a new card for DSD I should have a simple configuration to wire into your Lampi......unless another new cheap card comes along that is!!!
I stuck the JL Sounds card back in and I can play back DSD so it looks like I damaged the new card with all my messing.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:
nige2000 wrote:really cool
All of the above Nige but a smoothness and relaxed nature as well which draws you into the music.
Difficult to explain really as it all seems to contradict itself when you read the above, but you certainly feel more connected with the performance.
i think the smoothness or fluidity in this case is just better "timing" lower noise were it just clicks into place, detail can be perceived as a harsh edge or hash to the sound or what some call "false detail" which i think is caused by poor signal integrity
this method cleans that up substantially revealing some of the better qualities that vinyl systems have
Think I might have to order another card as in all the wiring, plugging and unplugging with various grounding configs I have lost DSD on the card, probably did something silly along the way and corrupted a chip.
At least now I have a config that works and no more messing needed with soldering and wiring with 3 separate power supplies.
im not well educated in dsd but maybe its too fast of a signal for the flipflop to process?
put the multimeter on the signal if your getting 3.3v instead of 1.4-1.8v its not going to work
but im not absoutly positive
I think I am going to stop here now for a while Tony, so as soon as I get a new card for DSD I should have a simple configuration to wire into your Lampi......unless another new cheap card comes along that is!!!
I stuck the JL Sounds card back in and I can play back DSD so it looks like I damaged the new card with all my messing.
what is the level 4 out of warranty..........
id almost guarantee this 768khz usb card and reclocker would turn the L4 inside out
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Does this reclocker have to be inside the DAC, or can be like external unit?
Or, can other DAC use it without opening the lid?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

no that would be a under the hood mod for the wadia
i just wouldn't do it
the wadia is quite complex from what little ive read about it (time shifted etc)
i admire the way its build, their new stuff is uninteresting by comparison

can there be a better alternative to the sonicweld diverter?
maybe a new usb to spdif converter can be made using a 768khz xmos chip and a reclocker that could better the sonicweld
yea..... id think thats quite possible