quad ESL 63's on the buy and sell

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ivor

Re: quad ESL 63's on the buy and sell

Post by Ivor »

Say nothin'. She'll never even notice them. They blend donchaknow?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Frankie Lee wrote:Well that was a short lived dream. The idea was completely shot down.
Do you know what your first mistake was there?

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

Yeah, I showed her a picture. Ha ha!
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Yep. The correct approach is "Do you know them flat screen TVs love?... well"

barry robin

Post by barry robin »

oh, this is getting stupid! how's this: i'll buy them if some forum masochist want's to go pick 'em up for me! 'course, then the same idiot would have to post them to my new address...!

you know, when i started that first sentence i was joking; now that i've reread it i realise i'm actually serious! thank goodness you're out of town, fran...

i blame it all on ivor. yup.

-b
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Barry - I'll buy and hold them for you...but only if you cart a wrecked pair of ESL57s back from the States for me (that someone has offered me free, but are too expensive to ship!) next time you come home :)

Richard
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

My work here is done.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Has anyone rung the fella to see what the story is? If I was at home I think I would need to be restrained!

Although what I really want is another set of 57s so I can stack them!

Yes it is all your fault Barry!
Do or do not, there is no try
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

"...Yes it is all your fault Barry!"

in the words of ivor, my work here is done.

sorry there, fran...and my apologies to sues. why do i feel like cross between dr. frankenstein and doctor evil? and who ever heard of an evil puppet-master type being reffered to as bazza?

-b
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Fran wrote:Has anyone rung the fella to see what the story is? If I was at home I think I would need to be restrained!

Although what I really want is another set of 57s so I can stack them!

Yes it is all your fault Barry!
Sorry guys, I phoned him yesterday on the pretense of checking availability for Barry and fully expecting to hear they were gone - they were not, and he is a great guy (88 year old gent who has owned them from new, and understood completely that the price he was selling them for was cheap). Upshot, I now own a pair of 63s to complement the 57s - logic is to compare my (now) 3 sets of propers speakers (ESL57 and 63, plus SF Concertinos) and then make a decision on which 2 to keep. I absolutely love the 57s, but if I ever need to move to a smaller place (currently lucky to have a dedicated listening room) then they are a bit imposing!

If I resell, they will be offered here first.

Richard