Brass

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Brass

Post by tony »

http://www.jameshealy.ie/

Adam has championed a brass block on the processor cover to reduce vibration and advises improvements in bass and better detail.
Well thanks to Nigel for locating an engineering shop in Bluebell Ind Est that will cut flat brass bar to size.
Got the block today still have to do a bit of grinding/drilling to allow for the protruding screw heads on the streacom cpu cover.

Great shop as Nigel found out, they sell and fabricate aluminium sheet also. I will be paying another visit
The damage for this bit of brass foo is €25

Thanks to Adam for the suggestion. First stage for me of the myriad improvements Adam has applied to his zuma internals
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
goon-heaven

Re: Brass

Post by goon-heaven »

Photos pleese!
tony

Post by tony »

goon-heaven wrote:Photos pleese!
Bear with me I will get something up but photo's unlike some of the lads are not my forte
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

James A Healy & sons?

Decent fellas.....
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I was only reading an article the other day about using brass screws in speakers and to hold cartridges in place due to their inert nature. Maybe yis are not mad after all.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Ivor wrote:I was only reading an article the other day about using brass screws in speakers and to hold cartridges in place due to their inert nature. Maybe yis are not mad after all.
Eddy Current says the same thing
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:http://www.jameshealy.ie/

Adam has championed a brass block on the processor cover to reduce vibration and advises improvements in bass and better detail.
Well thanks to Nigel for locating an engineering shop in Bluebell Ind Est that will cut flat brass bar to size.
Got the block today still have to do a bit of grinding/drilling to allow for the protruding screw heads on the streacom cpu cover.

Great shop as Nigel found out, they sell and fabricate aluminium sheet also. I will be paying another visit
The damage for this bit of brass foo is €25

Thanks to Adam for the suggestion. First stage for me of the myriad improvements Adam has applied to his zuma internals
can a pc be too damped ? as we don't understand what goes into making the final sound it is a possibility.

I use brass farthings in my laptop
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Here is the brass piece on top of the Zuma CPU.
Brass is in the up side down position in the picture.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1411515633694.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411515633694.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote: can a pc be too damped ? as we don't understand what goes into making the final sound it is a possibility.

I use brass farthings in my laptop
You are getting down to brass tacks there. That could be akin to saying could a PC have too much MQn
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

sbgk wrote:
Ivor wrote:I was only reading an article the other day about using brass screws in speakers and to hold cartridges in place due to their inert nature. Maybe yis are not mad after all.
Eddy Current says the same thing
*Chuckle*
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2