Market Research

Modest

Re: Market Research

Post by Modest »

I think it's discontinued hard drive ,bu you could always find one on ebay.uk http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500GB-Portabl ... 2ed71ab567 if it helps
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

What do people think of this design - a lot more wood than normal - too much?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

If you remember my CD player John it has cherry wood "cheeks" as Lector claim it has damping properties. I can't attest to this as I haven't removed them for A-B testing! I'm not entirely convinced it adds to the good looks of the unit but it was bought to perform rather than decorate.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Vote from me for the Red Wine Audio wooden box John. ""You can never have too much wood""

Post by Ivor »

Sligolad wrote:Vote from me for the Red Wine Audio wooden box John. ""You can never have too much wood""
and me. It's very pretty and I think with computer audio something natural warm and tactile like wood is a good idea.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Ivor's Lector looks good and gives an impression of value and solidity. The wooden cheeks are similar to the boxes on page 1 and the indicator panel communicates some relevant info. The T+A on page 2 uses a green theme for it's LEDs and panel and the back is packed with various inputs and outputs including balanced. The Electrocompaniet uses an acrylic front panel so you might get some input into finish in acrylic and wood from the brothers in Eist Audio.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:What do people think of this design - a lot more wood than normal - too much?
The wood front is a little much for me but the chrome knob and wood sides is quite appealing

The lector has a real nice finish too
The type of finish that says quality
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ah, yes, Ivor I do remember (now that you reminded me)
A classy looking CD player in the flesh
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks Ken, yes my next port of call was going to be Eist - the speaker experts , for advice.
They may even want to share some of their fine wood & acrylic finishes with me & keep it all in the family, so to speak?
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:Ah, yes, Ivor I do remember (now that you reminded me)
A classy looking CD player in the flesh
thanks John, the body of the unit is metal with perspex or acrylic on the front and cherry cheeks - they also offer black perspex 'cheeks'. The panel to access/vent the valves and the sliding door (it is a top loader) are all simple perspex screwed to the metal. It's nothing fancy really, just practical.
Ken's earlier point about the display is a good one, if you're going to display info make it big and clear - it should be effortlessly visible.