Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

A lovely Christmas present:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:A lovely Christmas present:

Nice one! It's a brave person that buys records for the likes of us! It's to be commended and rewarded!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
james

Post by james »

A christmas present ....
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:
Seán wrote:A lovely Christmas present:

Nice one! It's a brave person that buys records for the likes of us! It's to be commended and rewarded!
Yes indeed Ivor. It is a lovely thoughtful present.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

What a great way to wash away the gloom of Blue Monday. The following items arrived in the post this morning:

I am very keen on Gardiner's symphonic recordings.

On Fergus' recommendation I decided to get this

I love the String Quintets and I am very fond of the BSQ as well so this was an obvious choice:

Their recordings of symphonies 1, 2 ,3 & 6 are very impressive indeed so I am expecting to really enjoy this cd:

and finally, for now, another recommendation by Fergus:
Seán

Post by Seán »

More Mozart recordings:

Seán

Post by Seán »

Seán

Post by Seán »

Seán

Post by Seán »

DonKC

Post by DonKC »

Arrived today from MDT. Not available in US until late February, according to Amazon. Gould, teamed with Jean Martinon, was involved with Chicago for only 4 years until Martinon was ignorantly forced out by caustic critics. His programs were innovative, sometimes "light" music would be paired with a larger "serious" work or one of his own compositions, that were often inspired by jazz and popular song. Most, if not all, of these recordings have never appeared on commercial CD until now. Highlights: the wonderful Rimsky Kosakov "Antar" Symphony in so fine a performance you wonder why it is rarely heard; Ives Symphony #1, a fine Copland "Dance Symphony", a charming disc of Tchaikovsky waltzes and a fine Nielson 2nd Symphony and Clarinet Concerto with Benny Goodman.

A great bargain from the UK too, got it with airmail postage included for less than Amazon's price w/o shipping!