Recent Purchases

Ciaran

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Ciaran »

fergus wrote:I promised myself that I would buy more from this wonderful series and these two have now arrived....

I was listening to that second one last night which I had just got in the post (I was ordering from MDT and I noticed it was the last day of their sale on the Naïve label and bought half a dozen of this excellent series). Really delightful!!

One odd thing is that the works involving lute were recorded some years before those involving mandolin. Also they must be using double-tracking, as Rolf Lislevand is the only mandolin player credited and some involve two mandolins. In any case, the two concertos I listened to were ravishing!
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

The Naïve part of yesterday's big parcel:

Do I need an excuse to get another CD of Sara Mingardo in Vivaldi's Gloria? I think not!!

ImageImage

I do love the Naïve Vivaldi Edition! Below more Vivaldi, not in the Edition, together with what I think might have been Lise de la Salle's debut CD:

ImageImage
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

some great purchases there Ciaran. I'd be interest to hear what you think of the Gloria and the Concerti per Flauto.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ciaran wrote:One odd thing is that the works involving lute were recorded some years before those involving mandolin. Also they must be using double-tracking, as Rolf Lislevand is the only mandolin player credited and some involve two mandolins. In any case, the two concertos I listened to were ravishing!
I must listen closely to that disc then, Ciaran.
Lovely batch of cds there Ciaran.....I will own the Naive ones eventually too.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán

Post by Seán »

I bought a copy of these CDs in Tower today:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote:I bought a copy of these CDs in Tower today:

I have that one Seán and very good it is. One of favorite period ensembles too.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

I also have it Seán along with the following set 88-92.
I will be interested to see what you think after the Dorati versions.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

More from my recent MDT order (also featuring on "What are you listening to?"):

Weckmann cantatas

Weckmann cantatas and harpsichord music.

Harpsichord music from Hamburg. Some Weckmann.

German Baroque cantatas. Some Weckmann.

Martha Argerich and Nelson Freire in a live two-piano recital given recently at the Salzburg Festival, including the wonderful Brahms S. Anthony Variations. No Weckmann!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Any chance you could make the second image above a bit bigger Ciaran? I can hardly see it! :-P ;-)
That Weckmann Harpsichord disc looks interesting. I might check that one out myself.