Recent Purchases

DaveF

Recent Purchases

Post by DaveF »

A few of these arrived in the post during the week plus a few impulse buys in Tower today.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by fergus »

Solti's Strauss is on my Wish List....

I have Gardiner's version of the Brahm's Requiem....it is a powerful performance, so I hope that you enjoy it.

Personally, I would be hesitant to buySchumann by Kubelik so I will be interested to see how you get on with that one.

Angela Hewitt is on my Wish List....
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote: I have Gardiner's version of the Brahm's Requiem....it is a powerful performance, so I hope that you enjoy it.
It was your recommendation on the old forum that made me get it.
fergus wrote: Personally, I would be hesitant to buySchumann by Kubelik so I will be interested to see how you get on with that one.
This one was an impulse buy so I may yet regret it. Schumann is new to me so I'll be approaching it with a fresh mind.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote: Personally, I would be hesitant to buySchumann by Kubelik so I will be interested to see how you get on with that one.
That's interesting, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything by Kubelik, that said I am not in the market for another Schumann symphony cycle.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
That's interesting, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything by Kubelik, that said I am not in the market for another Schumann symphony cycle.
It is strange Seán but he is one of the "big name" conductors that never really did it for me over the years....I don't know why....but good on Dave for trying him out.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Speaking of recent purchases and Schumann this arrived earlier this month....

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

All on historical instruments. Looking forward to this one.

fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:All on historical instruments. Looking forward to this one.

I will be interested to see how you get on with that one Dave.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I bought these two cds recently.....

Image Image

....and I much prefer to listen to the Bagatelles.