AUDIO PC: THE USB CARD

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: AUDIO PC: THE USB CARD

Post by nige2000 »

reaffirmed the importance of shortest cable routing from battery, and use of the first pcie slot
restested a few different clocks i had too
there is a difference between the clocks though i couldn't say its a game changer
but then again i didn't buy any poor clocks
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:reaffirmed the importance of shortest cable routing from battery, and use of the first pcie slot
there is a difference between the clocks though i couldn't say its a game changer

Then maybe one OCXO clock will be a game changer?!
Definitely a wallet changer!! :))
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:reaffirmed the importance of shortest cable routing from battery, and use of the first pcie slot

Pearse says its better than the jcat, the clock in the jcat looks very similar to what I've used
I've used clocks that were 20ish ppm frequency stability
an ocxo could be less than 10 ppb frequency stability

so there could be something to it
but testing ocxo's is out of my testing budget
and exceptional cost doesn't always mean theres sq to match

i look forward to hearing/testing it though
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:

Typical Adam brightens up a dull wet day here. Nigel I really think you should give one of those clocks a go. You have done some great work
this year it would be a shame if you missed out on the real game changer!
Your link just shows pdf files what is the price involved here? http://www.rfx.co.uk/ocxo.php?CategoryID=3
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i see 25mhz ocxo clks on mouser at €89+
my guess is to contact the manufacturers for pricing

think we should do the comparisons before we do something daft
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:i see 25mhz ocxo clks on mouser at €89+

Oh yeah sure I am always at least a year behind your upgrades! Are we on for a pre xmas meet(provisionally) saturday or sunday week?
Happy to host and hopefully Pearse can bring the right components. Sure I need to see how my newish supply and valve change on L4 compares with L7
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:i see 25mhz ocxo clks on mouser at €89+

Oh yeah sure I am always at least a year behind your upgrades! Are we on for a pre xmas meet(provisionally) saturday or sunday week?
Happy to host and hopefully Pearse can bring the right components. Sure I need to see how my newish supply and valve change on L4 compares with L7
ya sure ill rig up a usbcard and battery supply
only one thing
i have a trip to MI between 2-13 dec
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:[
ya sure ill rig up a usbcard and battery supply
only one thing
i have a trip to MI between 2-13 dec
Assume that is US?. 29th or 30th you are doing the trip up so pick the day that suits you best.
Assume Pearse will be here or post over his gear for testing??
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Looks like I will also be in the US the first 2 weeks of Dec so anytime before then should work, if not then I am happy to drop off L7, PC with both USB Cards and Paul Hynes supply for you guys to play with.
Heading for Switzerland tomorrow but I plan to be around next weekend 22nd & 23rd and best bet for the following weekend will be the 29th.
I made an impulse buy and placed an order for a Gigabyte board with OXCO so maybe that will have arrived by then for comparison with Mobo clocks.

Post by tony »

Sligolad wrote:Looks like I will also be in the US the first 2 weeks of Dec so anytime before then should work, if not then I am happy to drop off L7, PC with both USB Cards and Paul Hynes supply for you guys to play with.
Heading for Switzerland tomorrow but I plan to be around next weekend 22nd & 23rd and best bet for the following weekend will be the 29th.
I made an impulse buy and placed an order for a Gigabyte board with OXCO so maybe that will have arrived by then for comparison with Mobo clocks.
Ok looks like 29th is the day. Hynes has arrived?? + OXC0 board looks like an early start to test all that stuff. Nigel is 29th ok for you?
BTW anybody else interested in hearing this stuff etc just let me know you are coming