OS in RamDisk

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
adolfo.a.aguiar

Re: OS in RamDisk

Post by adolfo.a.aguiar »

Managed to make MQn work with the OS in RamDisk, bypassing paste.exe.
I think the best solution will be to code paste.exe in C++. I will use Reflector.
Thank you all for the suggestions.

Adolfo
SDTrans384 with 1X5V and 3x3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Soekris DAM1021 Rev2 with +-12V and 3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Salas hotrodded DCB1, LM3875 Gainclone and IPL Acoustics S2TLM transmission line speakers
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:I think the best solution will be to code paste.exe in C++. I will use Reflector.
Hi Adolfo,
You might try Taggarts MQNload, download latest version from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u71wm4ki02vdvg6/p-DhIcn5L0

There is a description about usage in the folder when you have extracted it. You can also find a description of the tool on page 295 of the MQn thread in this forum from oct, 2013. As far as I understood Christoph it is written in C++.

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Guys have a question
I finish creating VHD system disk got booted no problem Mqn works no problem
I have 8GB of ram so I compacted to 3.9GB and booted no problem few times to make sure
Now if I want to play MQN needs .net 4.0 something to work
Can you help with this issue please?
Or what I am doing wrong??
Thank you
tony

Post by tony »

elaprince wrote:Guys have a question
I finish creating VHD system disk got booted no problem Mqn works no problem
I have 8GB of ram so I compacted to 3.9GB and booted no problem few times to make sure
Now if I want to play MQN needs .net 4.0 something to work
Can you help with this issue please?
Or what I am doing wrong??
Thank you
Is that looking for .netframework? If so same thing that happened to my install. I think you will need to go again from the start. Been too lazy well to be honest no time at present to go back and do the complete install again. It doesn't work if mobo set to UEFI. Need to refresh my mind exactly what needs to be changed but the install will boot up fine but will not play MQn you just keep getting the .net error.

See earlier posts on this thread it sort of covers what happened
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

Thank you for suggestion
I didnt set it to that I dont think
I will to try what Aleg suggest to edit compacter file for net 64bit
Thanks
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

elaprince wrote:Thank you for suggestion
I didnt set it to that I dont think
I will to try what Aleg suggest to edit compacter file for net 64bit
Thanks
You need to read the previous page again Elaprince...all your answers are there!!
Adolfo went through the very same Q&A and came up with a solution, its all in the thread as I described in PM.
Cheers, Pearse.

I recoded paste.exe with C++ and I don't need .Net anymore.
Using MQnLoad as suggested by Octagon would be an alternative but I'm using Foobar as GUI and prefer to keep it like that.

Adolfo
SDTrans384 with 1X5V and 3x3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Soekris DAM1021 Rev2 with +-12V and 3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Salas hotrodded DCB1, LM3875 Gainclone and IPL Acoustics S2TLM transmission line speakers
tony

Post by tony »

adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:I recoded paste.exe with C++ and I don't need .Net anymore.
Using MQnLoad as suggested by Octagon would be an alternative but I'm using Foobar as GUI and prefer to keep it like that.

Adolfo
Hi Adolfo Could you dropbox that recode?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:Using MQnLoad as suggested by Octagon would be an alternative but I'm using Foobar as GUI and prefer to keep it like that.
Hi Adolfo,
Great you did geh it working! MQnload would work with Foobar as well.
Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
adolfo.a.aguiar

tony wrote:
adolfo.a.aguiar wrote:I recoded paste.exe with C++ and I don't need .Net anymore.

Adolfo
Hi Adolfo Could you dropbox that recode?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

If you don't have Visual Studio 2013 in the machine, you'll have to install the KBs and redist in the folder "Windows for paste" in the order specified in the text file. It is still much lighter than .NET.

Adolfo