Forum Birthday 2015

Fran
Site Admin

Forum Birthday 2015

Post by Fran »

Hi all,

The birthday of our forum is coming up soon and I thought it would be nice to have our usual bit of a get together to celebrate!

I was thinking of the 15th February (you will all have been good boys the day before and earned your brownie points for a few hours away!!) and was aiming for that day, say 1 to 6ish? Under or overruns wouldn't be a problem. I'm a little off the beaten track (near naas) but we can organise lifts for anyone who wants one.

Last year we had headphones, and 2 different hifi setups running and I was thinking of doing the same thing again this year if there is interest. We can wing it a bit somewhat too! Like last year, I have 2 separate rooms that I can set up plus another that would be suitable for headphones, but not good for speakers.

Last year we had a room for computer audio, and then a general room. This year I was thinking of have a vintage room and a regular room if there is interest?! Quads, KLH model 6s and 23, Coral horns, nakamichi ski slope tape deck, mid 70s denon direct drive deck....

All of course are welcome, are welcome to bring gear (commercial and diy) and of course lots of great music!

Please post suggestions, and if you are planning on coming just so I can get the numbers together.

This year is also exciting for me (us) and Eist as we have new model in our line up to show off this year!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Re: Forum Birthday 2015

Post by Ivor »

I'll be there!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

Mark me in.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Can't wait. Thanks Fran
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
james

Post by james »

I see its a Sunday .. hope to make it. Many thanks.

James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
fergus

Post by fergus »

Mark me down Fran.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Great stuff lads!!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

There's talk of us going away, but if not I'll be there. I'll keep you posted.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Terry

Post by Terry »

Would love to go Fran but have a couple of French guests over for that weekend. If I can give them the slip (doubtful) I'll bring the Gales for the vintage room.
Last edited by Terry on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
ckspeakers

Post by ckspeakers »

I'll join you HiFi nuts for the afternoon.
Will talk to you closer to the time Fran, and maybe bring some bits of gear along, a few pairs of speakers and the DIY amp!

Looking forward to it.