Soekris Dam Dac

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Bmxmen

Re: Soekris Dam Dac

Post by Bmxmen »

Sory one for each shifts rail.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Rms voltage out Will be proportionally less
At 3.3v

Two cells is the minimum you can use
You can add as many in parallel as u like
Or one/2/3/4 for each bank of shift registers
But I wouldn't expect much improvement adding more cells if any
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Bmxmen

Post by Bmxmen »

Hello i have bayed 8 lifopo4 123 3.3 bateries and charger with 8slots. I have an question how Many hours i will Play on 3.3v 2500mah bateries connected This way. 4 bateries for each rail of reference shift voltwge. One baterry for clock, one with low drop 1.2v stab to fpga, one batery for isolators and last batery connected to New xmos usb with 2.14 inch oled display. I know that xmos need extra of current do i can Connect 2xlifopo4 2500bateries and charge them like one batery. I dont know that i must Connect dół The Time charger even when soekris dam plays. Very thanks!
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

I think everyone here has a charger in parallel with the batteries, and the charger is on all the time, even when playing music.
I cannot hear a difference if charger is on or off.

One very nice thing with lifepo4 batteries is you can charge with constant voltage, so basically a decent linear regulated supply to charge the batteries.

With this method, you can listen forever and never discharge the batteries. The batteries are basically acting as caps, and they do this very well.
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
Bmxmen

Post by Bmxmen »

But when i charge them ale The Time i will need 8chargers each for one batery. And what voltage się to charge them? I will have Special charger with display but im thinking that This charger when i connected to bateries i will have worse Sound.
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

Bmxmen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm But when i charge them ale The Time i will need 8chargers each for one batery. And what voltage się to charge them? I will have Special charger with display but im thinking that This charger when i connected to bateries i will have worse Sound.
Yes, you would need 8 chargers, power supplies really. There's a price for good power, and price/performance with lifepo4 batteries is really high, so you're actually getting away cheaply.

You might be able to share, and use one charger for multiple batteries. You need to be careful that the all batteries on the same charger are on the same ground. The negative voltage battery will need its own charger. Just make sure the charger can supply enough current. I put in a small resistor between the charger and battery, a few ohms or something like that, to limit the battery charging current. The resistor should be small enough so you don't discharge the batteries while playing music, but large enough so you don't draw too much current charging the batteries.
BTW, I think I have 5 batteries, and that's probably overkill :)

As for worse sound, it depends on the charger you use, and you really need to judge for yourself. I put in switches so I can connect and disconnect the charging circuit independently of supplying power to the circuit, and I don't hear a difference where I have switches. I only put the switches in the first couple of circuits, after that I stopped since I couldn't hear a difference.
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
Bmxmen

Post by Bmxmen »

I have bought This one https://m.ebay.pl/itm/Miboxer-C8-smart- ... 0858000020 and to control it 20x swiches, 10 for Connect bateries to receivers, and 10 to Connect bateries to charger slots. Good idea? Im thinking to Connect 2x 2500mah to fpga, and 2x 2500mah to xmos with oled display. God idea?very thanks for help
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

Bmxmen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm I have bought This one https://m.ebay.pl/itm/Miboxer-C8-smart- ... 0858000020 and to control it 20x swiches, 10 for Connect bateries to receivers, and 10 to Connect bateries to charger slots. Good idea? Im thinking to Connect 2x 2500mah to fpga, and 2x 2500mah to xmos with oled display. God idea?very thanks for help
It looks like its a nimh charger, which is not what you want.
lifepo4 batteries are pretty easy to charge, but they do need the right circuit, so please make sure you understand how to charge them.

You need to provide them with a fixed voltage of about 3.3VDC. Their current limit is pretty high, but its something you should be aware of even if you'll probably not hit it.

If you don't understand batteries, buy a good power supply instead.

Randy
Bmxmen

Post by Bmxmen »

They write that charger working with lifepo4 3.3 bateries.
But for now have a another problem.
I was trying to update my soekris v2 with lattest 1.19 firmware and filters. First i have trying on tera term, i have an connection but when try to update i was not seen loading meter, so trying on puffy, upade sukcesfully Then exit, restart, yes i have an New firmware,so exit but This Time no rensponse from puffy. So i disconeted puffy and restart Again my dam and sól The Time Led is blinking it dont see i2s source. What now? it was my First Time with updateing. Thanks
Bmxmen

Post by Bmxmen »

Fpga rev i have FF. F