Soekris Dam Dac

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: Soekris Dam Dac

Post by jkeny »

Here's a solution which is scalable for charging any number of batteries in series:
- use an isolated, regulated DC-DC converter on each battery
The ones I use are TDK Lambda - they come in a range on input voltages, regulated 3.3V, 5V & other output voltages as well as a range of current outputs from 0.4A to 7.5A outputs
A bit expensive - range from €8 to €50
No switches or relays needed
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

well if theres transformers required anyway may be as cheap to get ones with multiple secondaries rectified into multiple 2$ tp5000
and yr done
special order traffos are not any more expensive than the off the self variety

whos been stating supercaps are better than lifepo4?
any merit in it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 pm well if theres transformers required anyway may be as cheap to get ones with multiple secondaries rectified into multiple 2$ tp5000
and yr done

any merit in it
No mains transformers involved!!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:48 pm
nige2000 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 pm well if theres transformers required anyway may be as cheap to get ones with multiple secondaries rectified into multiple 2$ tp5000
and yr done

any merit in it
For multiple tp5000?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:07 pm
jkeny wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:48 pm
and yr done

any merit in it
For multiple tp5000?
For multiple DC-DC isolated regulated converters like TDK-Lambda, I mentioned
Multiple TP5000 won't work without isolation - either transformers or isolated DC-DC converters
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

That's what I thought!
abraxalito

Post by abraxalito »

nige2000 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 pm
Over here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based ... 64166.html

But then scrolling down I see you're already there nige
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

abraxalito wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:53 am
nige2000 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 pm
Over here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based ... 64166.html

But then scrolling down I see you're already there nige
Ah, I see on that thread that Abarteis is fired up with conviction & not understanding Nige's & Markw4's posts

I wonder about CM noise when batteries or ultracaps are being concurrently powered while driving circuit? In my experience this configuration seems to eliminate CM noise but I'm not sure of the mechanism by which it is doing this. I guess it's a case of seeing the system wide picture of the current flows & how this is changed by inserting a huge capacitor (or battery) into the mix?
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Unintentionally i seem to have a knack of making my posts seem confrontational

Although I'm a tad sceptic all that stuff is necessary to reach end goal I wouldn't disregard others findings without experimentation

I was just looking for clarification on the reasoning of the implementation and any results of subjective a b comparisons made of supercaps been in audio use while been charged and not

The reasoning for my questions is purely out of interest and certainly not malice
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Just wondering now did this guy actually do any experiments or did he just take an idea and ran with it

Bit rich coming from me but
Ps does seem really complicated and it needs serious justification to my mind