Daphile

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
2channelaudio

Re: Daphile

Post by 2channelaudio »

+1 Daphile gives you 90% of the performance of the heavy hitters..... with 20% of the effort...
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I went back to this tonight - I disassembled my audio PC about last October to cannibalise parts for a higher priority PC build and never went about building another (although I will I think!). Anyway, Its sounding good and boy was it easy to set up. As 2channel says above - a great way of getting a quick reward.
Do or do not, there is no try
joelha

Post by joelha »

2channelaudio wrote:+1 Daphile gives you 90% of the performance of the heavy hitters..... with 20% of the effort...
No challenge from me here, but what qualifies as your heavy hitters?

Joel
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Dipping my toes in digital water I bought a Ciunas DAC the other day and I have to say it's very impressive. That's using just standard Acer PC and windows software plus I'm trying JRiver.

Now Daphile... I've installed it on my music PC via a USB but what I get, after some basic input from myself, is a black screen. I've connected to it via my android phone... I know this because I can eject the CD tray. Woo hoo. I cannot get the phone to read the music folders.
I'm close but something is evading/avoiding me! I presume others have been at this stage? The manual and indeed Dahile site are very good but I can't see anything specific.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I found a couple of things with daphile

1) set a fixed ip address in the configuration so as to save your sanity.

2) any time I have a problem it's related to being unable to start the media server (at least I think that's the error). This is nearly always because the partition on the USB set aside for disc art n stuff isn't big enough. There is an explanation somewhere online for fixing that but it's painful. If your library is any way big that's a problem.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Incidentally (and it's a while since I ran this) I seem to recall a short message telling you where to point your browser (the IP I suggested fixing, above) followed by a blank screen from then on. Of course, that requires going to a separate computer on the network to get any further. My memory may be failing me, but I'm sure that's what I did.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:Incidentally (and it's a while since I ran this) I seem to recall a short message telling you where to point your browser (the IP I suggested fixing, above) followed by a blank screen from then on. Of course, that requires going to a separate computer on the network to get any further. My memory may be failing me, but I'm sure that's what I did.
Yep, that's where I'm at. The other device being my phone. But I'm not getting any further. I'll try again tomorrow.
Huge thanks.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ok installed it for the crack
go to settings
folders or files or something like that
you will see you will see your storage drives disabled you will have to enable
then down the bottom save and restart

then it will restart and your next issue is dac doesnt play
go to settings look for audio device disable all other audio devices except amanero
save and restart

should work then
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Thanks lads. It will be this evening before I get back to it but will report back.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Following a very persuasive demo of Tidal in Gerrys today, I thought I should give it a go. Anyway, got it integrated perfectly into Daphile and works like a dream. SQ seems impressive - only putting the qualifier in as I haven't spent enough time with it to really test it thoroughly but so far its really pulling me in.

For anyone interested, you need a paid tidal account, plus a mysqueezebox account. Add your mysqueezebox account login to daphile (settings advanced media server options). Then log into your mysqueezebox and add the tidal app and you'll need to enter your tidal account info into it. After that the app becomes available in daphile and you can stream away.
Do or do not, there is no try