Graaf Jadis Kharma Deliciousness

Diapason

Re: Graaf Jadis Kharma Deliciousness

Post by Diapason »

DaveF wrote:I'm kinda terrified though of hearing your Kharmas on the end of my Jadis cos I have a feeling it may sound sublime indeed.
Then we'll have an interesting scenario. We'll both be attempting a hostile takeover of the other's equipment...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I was thinking last night that those Sonus Faber Olympia III's would look great with your floorboards. Tony er said the same too.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

If you end up buying my Kharmas for whatever reason, I will laugh heartily indeed!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

stands still available but stored outside in a shed so might be a bit grotty.

All very interesting to hear.....
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Couldn't be grottier than the nerd cave! Mind if I take them off your hands, Fran? This time I'll actually come out to get them!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Excellent thread lads, all interesting stuff, in my opinion when you are at this level of quality discerning the differences becomes more difficult, a bit like discerning between various Ferrari models....., but they are all in Ferrari league!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
tony

Post by tony »

Very enjoyable night for me. The Graafs are incredible looking beasts and Simon's Kharma's are mighty special speakers. I couldn't see how you could better those speakers unless you were dropping the price of a nice new car. For me the Graaf's like Simon/Dave pointed out had more detail than the Jadis. Maybe Simon should try and get to hear Fergus's Jadis DPL2 with the Graafs. Maybe that would give him best of both worlds and not be too damaging to the pocket. For me either amp was a pleasure to listen to on that system.

Just grabbed a few cd's before heading over but some of the stuff I played had a lot of bass on the Kharma's. St Vincent's self titled album.Have to try it on mine tonight to see how it compares

I was shocked at the amount of GIK bass traps/acoustic panels that Simon has managed to collect. Very impressive you could make a good king sized bed for sleepovers maybe even two!

Personally I have always loved the presentation of Simon's Wadia and it was nice for me to see that the Jadis could drive the Kharma's successfully as it is only 30wpc.

Point of clarificaton DA50S and DA88S (Dave) are the amps.

It also is nice to see Simon is minding the pair of 57's I have earmarked for my stacked project when he get's fed up storing them in a year or two!

Thanks Simon for the evening it was hugely enjoyable and as we discussed earlier it was an awful pity I couldn't polish off that bottle of wine. Twas excellent.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sounds like a great evening guys!!! Great piccies as well, place looks like a demo room in that Audio Federation place!

Jadis vs Graaf shoot out certainly a very worthy competition. Might just agree with Si's point about the preamp section on the Jadis adding in a variable between the 2 setups. When the pair of us experimented with putting a pre between the Wadia and power amps a couple of years back, we both certainly found a significant difference in the presentation.

I'm sure it has you thinking of a million connotations now Si.. Not surprised about the positive comments on the Kharma's, they're a fantastic match with quality toobs.. (But of course that Sonus Faber lacquer would so easily accentuate all that's good in the room too :) :) )
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Aha, I thought this thread might smoke you out, Steve...
Steve

Post by Steve »

Telecoms can only keep a man down for so long Si!!

Dave, if having doubts about the Jadis, try the KT120's. (I believe the KT150's also supposed to deliver although not 100% sure if stock amp can take them without modifications to power supply?) Certainly with the 120's, my Jadis amps took on much more direct style. Without sacrificing any of that Jadis warm magic - once fully warmed up.

Tony, very much agree on difficulty on search for a speaker better than the Kharma's, particularly in setup and room of the dimensions that Si (and myself) have. They do a huge number of things really, really well. Excellent integration, a soundstage you can wander about in and an evenness to the sonics (particularly with valves IMHO) that's always welcoming. Glad to hear about the renewed faith in them Dave!
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM