Want to build CD collection - anybody interested in selling

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Onion

Want to build CD collection - anybody interested in selling

Post by Onion »

Hi all,

My CD collection is pretty minimal and primarily listen to streaming. I wonder if anybody is interested in selling some of their CD collection?
I am not a huge fan of classical music, but pretty much everything else goes.

Thanks
tony

Re: Want to build CD collection - anybody interested in sell

Post by tony »

I have a lot of CD's that I will be happy to consider parting with. A lot have never been played. Maybe PM me your details and location and we can have a chat.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

Onion wrote:Hi all,

My CD collection is pretty minimal and primarily listen to streaming. I wonder if anybody is interested in selling some of their CD collection?
I am not a huge fan of classical music, but pretty much everything else goes.

Thanks

Hi,

I have lots too.

Not much of the classical but bits of everything else: modern electronica, dance (not a disco more like up-tempo, downtempo), jazz, some R&B , post rock….and much more that I would not dare to categorize.

You would really need to have a look, and check.

Not all for sale;)

Regards
Maciej
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

me too!!

I have a moving box which is filling up as I rip my cd collection....

I'll take some photos of the spines and see if there's any of interest...

JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Onion

Post by Onion »

Thanks guys, even if you wanted to buy them back, that would work too! whatever suits. If you can pm me with an idea of what you have, thatd be great.

Thanks again
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

And if any of the sellers want to include me on the mailings, please feel free to do so.

I'm still very much as CD man.

SJB
HIFIJoe

Post by HIFIJoe »

Hi i have some cd's for sale.here are some them:-Led Zepppelin,1,2,3,4,Houses of the holy. The Rolling Stones,Stripped
A Biggerbang. Aslan:-Made in Dublin, For some strange reason. Jimi hendrix:-Voodoo Child (Collection)
Joni Mitchell:- Blue, Court & Spark, plus Bowie,Nick Drake,The Cult,plus lots more.
Faddius

Post by Faddius »

Likewise, I'm always in the market for CDs. Especially Jazz and classic rock.
james

Post by james »

Hi,

If you are interested in Classical then box sets have become really cheap [they tend to be recordings from the 70's onwards but the 70's is when they got recording right]. They are much better value than Naxos.

Amazon marketplace is another option -- I bought a CD last week [second-hand] for 9p but of course postage is extra.

For pop try the pound-shop 'Dealz' that has refurnished CD's at 1.49 each .

Otherwise try Oxfam [particularly Parliament Street] which is quite good for second-hand CD's.

James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Onion

Post by Onion »

Thanks all.