Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Always had a soft spot for this live-radio-transmission-down-a-telephone-line :) It came out first on cd only, then single vinyl in a black sleeve with black Velcro pads and finally on proper double vinyl with obviously improved sonics......and white Velcro pads :) Thanks to Adrian for dragging me away from the Classical music distraction ;)

What's the archive selection like Adrian? Worth checking out?

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well.... 'From the Archives' contains music which probably a bit "too technical" to be released mainstream. They obviously put their best stuff out there first..i.e. Lifeforms, ISDN, Papua New Guinea etc etc.

However I do enjoy listening to "the archives" whilst getting other work done i.e. paperwork, browsing the www etc etc.

Previously unreleased stuff (regardless of artist) tends to offer a different insight to their previously released creative works, for example I could hear shadows or similarities of previous works whilst listening to this CD.

A bit like looking at a Tuxedo suit but without seeing the suit... by studying the cuttings of scraps on the floor one can see where the suit came from, various cuts, materials, cast offs, etc etc

Because I have enjoyed FSOL so much.... I would see collecting the not so popular excerpts / cuttings / cast offs as an integral part of understanding / enjoying any artist.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Well.... 'From the Archives' contains music which probably a bit "too technical" to be released mainstream. They obviously put their best stuff out there first..i.e. Lifeforms, ISDN, Papua New Guinea etc etc.

However I do enjoy listening to "the archives" whilst getting other work done i.e. paperwork, browsing the www etc etc.

Previously unreleased stuff (regardless of artist) tends to offer a different insight to their previously released creative works, for example I could hear shadows or similarities of previous works whilst listening to this CD.

A bit like looking at a Tuxedo suit but without seeing the suit... by studying the cuttings of scraps on the floor one can see where the suit came from, various cuts, materials, cast offs, etc etc

Because I have enjoyed FSOL so much.... I would see collecting the not so popular excerpts / cuttings / cast offs as an integral part of understanding / enjoying any artist.
Sounds exactly like something I'd love :) Sometimes the demos/castoffs etc appeal more to me.....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Adrian wrote: A bit like looking at a Tuxedo suit but without seeing the suit... by studying the cuttings of scraps on the floor one can see where the suit came from, various cuts, materials, cast offs, etc etc
I like this description!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageHundred Waters..
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

fergus

Post by fergus »

Vangelis: Soil Festivities....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Vangelis: Soil Festivities....

Ah my favourite Vangelis! What do you think of it Fergus? Sonically and musically?

Have you seen this new dvd preview? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-b5pv3 ... ata_player

I believe it's coming out next week.....