Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Gerry D

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Gerry D »

Electronica for the peeps wot never plugged in [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Modest

Post by Modest »

2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
cybot

Post by cybot »

Japanese composer Susumu Yokota has died.

The prolific musician, whose work spanned ambient, breakbeat, house and many other corners of electronic music over two decades, passed away aged 54 on March 27 this year (2015) after a long illness, his family has revealed.

Yokota came to the attention of the wider world with his house releases on German label Harthouse in the early 90s. Among the composer’s dozens of albums, including releases under pseudonyms including Stevia and Ebi, his best-loved works include 2000’s Sakura and 2001’s Grinning Cat.

https://susumuyokota.bandcamp.com/album/my-energy-ep
tony

Post by tony »

Finally managed to get this. Very Jon Hassell 1980 by god there was a lot going on in the space of a year. These guys were very busy. Remain In Light, My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts and probably more.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
PatD

Post by PatD »

Tangerine Dream- Particles.
cybot

Post by cybot »

PatD wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 pm Tangerine Dream- Particles.

Ah the venerable Tangs :) Are you a fan? Old or new? What's the album like?
Welcome to the forum Pat......
PatD

Post by PatD »

Hello Cybot. I am indeed a huge fan of the Tangs.The album is excellent even without the maestro E.F.
cybot

Post by cybot »

PatD wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:30 am Hello Cybot. I am indeed a huge fan of the Tangs.The album is excellent even without the maestro E.F.
That is indeed what I wanted to hear......that you're a Tangs fan ;) I'd say the album is not on vinyl so I, sad eejit that I am, won't be investing in it :(

I almost but didn't go for the posthumous double Lp compilation on Edgar by his wife. It looked too much like little cash in to be honest.

Likewise Peter Baumann's new one had me extremely suspicious too. What am I like??

Are you into the likes of Cluster, Amon Duul 2nd, Popol Vuh by any chance? If so then we're going to have some serious chats :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Lest not forget.....Ancient vinyl of course from......'76. What I love about the album, apart from the stunning sleeve, is that it feels played; sometimes rather hesitatingly so. Then that side long Side two piece is strange and wonderful. Just like that strange mini track Sequent 'C' on Phaedra.

cybot

Post by cybot »

This is where you forget about this world.....Sublime.

'Timely reissue of a milestone in electronic music, Roedelius' 'Selbstportrait'. Recorded to a Revox A77 reel-to-reel in 1979, these are the often heartbreaking sounds of a man and his Farfisa organ, capturing the essence of something just so refined and beautiful that it doesn't bear writing about it. Pure, simple, stunningly effective electronic music. Essential!'
Last edited by cybot on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.