International Record Review is gone

Ciaran

International Record Review is gone

Post by Ciaran »

Sad news: IRR is no more: according to its website: "Due to the death of Barry Irving, the sole Director of International Record Review Limited, the company must now be considered insolvent and a letter has been sent to Companies House requesting it to be struck off the register."

Nice piece about IRR by Kenneth Woods.

Obituary for Barry Irving in The Gramophone

I will miss IRR, its sober demeanour and long discursive and learned reviews. It was amazing that it keep going in our superficial times, and I'm sure it was run at a loss. I heard from one conributor that you were fairly unlikely to be paid for your contributions, so the reviewers were supporting it as well as the publisher.
Ivor

Re: International Record Review is gone

Post by Ivor »

Ciaran wrote: I heard from one conributor that you were fairly unlikely to be paid for your contributions, so the reviewers were supporting it as well as the publisher.
I can assure the same is true of successful commercial publications!

That said it is very sad to see a credible intelligent publication go to the wall.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable