Bug Head Technology Music Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Clive

Re: Bug Head Technology Music Player

Post by Clive »

Since 4.82 I've tried the later versions and whilst impressive, tight and detailed I don't find them quite as compelling as 4.82. At first versions from 4.83 to 4.87 come across as detailed and open but on some material instead they sound over-bright and this is with turning off shape clear sound and rewrite wallpaper. The culprit I feel is the bass - on later versions it's tight but not powerful enough. On 4.82 it's perhaps a little overblown but I not only hear the notes I can imagine bass guitar string wobbling, it adds great depth to the music. I see Yokata-san prefers 4.86 to 4.87.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Just listening now to 4-87 playing a 24/192 version of Cassandra Wilson's , New Moon Daughter. For me the bass is better than before.
My settings are ;
Total Commander
Chord ASIO
Realtime Priority
Blade 4
AVX Plus
Stardust X2 which takes around 1 minute to prepare this album
Command Line and Black Screen

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

I still can't find Blade 4. I see Blade 10 but the options on that box don't include any other Blades. I clicked Normal on the setup screen but there aren't any other options there. I'm clearly missing something obvious!
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Clive , click on Normal ,top left of your final screen you get lots of tuning options including Blade 4.
I think the Command Line/Black Screen is excellent , just click immediately to the right of LPF on the same screen and you'll get a new screen where you can select these items. Do it for an album because you need to restart and set up again afterwards.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

Ken Moreland wrote:Clive , click on Normal ,top left of your final screen you get lots of tuning options including Blade 4.
I think the Command Line/Black Screen is excellent , just click immediately to the right of LPF on the same screen and you'll get a new screen where you can select these items. Do it for an album because you need to restart and set up again afterwards.
KM
Thanks Ken, I was clicking on the wrong normal! I'll play more with the black screen too. Playing a test track is quite long winded now..
Clive

Post by Clive »

Ken Moreland wrote:Clive , click on Normal ,top left of your final screen you get lots of tuning options including Blade 4.
KM
Ken, your settings fixed the issues I had. Bass is way better and the brightness has gone. The sound is now very "assured" and musical. Quite which setting has the most influence - I'm not sure I have the stamina to test all the combinations but from your comments I expect command line / black screen are significant.

Cheers,

Clive
Claus

Post by Claus »

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. When I get noise or skipping when playing dsd files, is it because I am streaming them from my NAS or is it a memory issue, or something else? Thanks, Claus
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

What are you using as a player, Claus? if you're using Bughead(IB) you need to click the area on screen from PCM and select DoP and you need to do this before you load tracks as it takes a look at the tracks you load immediately.
PCM load tracks switch to DoP =chirping and screeching
PCM switch to DoP load tracks = happiness

KM
Claus

Post by Claus »

Was using Blade SQ 4.85 there. Will try your suggestion. Cheers!
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

4-88 has just been issued and it has something like a startup manual in a folder, at least the pics might help.
KM