Bug Head Technology Music Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: Bug Head Technology Music Player

Post by Aleg »

jkeny wrote:
Aleg wrote: i'm sorry, I didn't check the current content

you can find the latest 5.12 here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8p9mguhsx2e8 ... EBjla?dl=0
Thanks I could download this but when running the install I get an error reporting that an install/bughead/....msi file has an error reading from it.
I get the same error when I try to install his rewrite utility

I tried running it with admin but still the same issue
No issues here running that specific dropbox version.
I would try redownload it and/or check your microsoft installer
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Aleg wrote:....
No issues here running that specific dropbox version.
I would try redownload it and/or check your microsoft installer
I redownloaded it - same problem
Windows installer looks OK - installs other software

File in question is Bughead_x86_x64.x64.msi - it's temporarily created in the install directory & looks aOK.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Clive

Post by Clive »

John, do you have asio4all installed? It's needed before you install BH.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Clive wrote:John, do you have asio4all installed? It's needed before you install BH.
Thanks Clive, just installed asio4all but still the same error - the install status bar doesn't start as the msi is the installation package details
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Clive

Post by Clive »

I'll email you 5.05 instead on the 5.06 you are trying...maybe that'll help. Are you on 8.1?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Anything that can survive the mangling from asioforall must be exceptional
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

ASIO4ALL is not required. It needs an ASIO-driver and in absence of a proper ASIO-driver for your dac/usb-converter, one can fallback on the worst option of ASIO4ALL.

John's problem is a local problem as the 5.12 version does do a proper clean install, so no issues with the software itself.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Aleg wrote:ASIO4ALL is not required. It needs an ASIO-driver and in absence of a proper ASIO-driver for your dac/usb-converter, one can fallback on the worst option of ASIO4ALL.

John's problem is a local problem as the 5.12 version does do a proper clean install, so no issues with the software itself.
Yep, I'm pretty sure it's a local problem that only a fresh windows install will solve
Instead I'll be downloading a Win10 beta
www.Ciunas.biz
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Right, after trying to update to Win 10 & failing, I decided I best try to resolve the installation problem & found out what the problem was - my folder didn't have the correct acl (access control list) for System. Fixed it & installed Bughead

So has anybody got a quick guide to using it?
www.Ciunas.biz
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

This is from Pearse's opening post on this thread,
Install Asio4all first then Bug Head software.

Once you install you should see the buttons on you desktop or go to Program Files on you C Drive and you should see a folder called "Bug head" so open it and inside double click on InfinityBlade_SQ.

You should see ASIO4ALL option at least and possibly more if you have other Asio players available on your PC.
For me I click on ASIO4ALL as it is all I have available in my slimmed down installation and in the options available in the left window try and turn as many of these blue colour bars red by clicking on them.

For Option 7 click on Setup Dimm below this and try allocating 2Gb in each of the 4 Dimm window drop down boxes, then click enable this mode and set.
The options available for Dimm depends on available memory and hopefully others with more experience of Bug Head will row in here and provide better advice.

The key with turning as many of these 10 options red is that you will see the "Sound Quality Degradation" percentage drop in the top right area.
Best I can get to with my driver and memory is 30% but if you get to see professional pop up there then you are in good shape.

Click start in the bottom right and you are now ready to select and play music.

There are many options here but these will be for another day.
I use the files button at the bottom to browse to music files and select and play.
If you want to play DSD then go to the little "PCM" block next to LIST and click on it and you should see an option for DSD DOP, select it and if your DAC is capable you can play DSD files.

It takes several seconds for the first of your tracks to load with all the rewriting and memory work and optimisation but once playing enjoy your track or tracks with hopefully the best playback experience ever!!!!
Cheers, Pearse.

I haven't used Asio4all much, I used Chord ASIO and now using Jplay 6.2 . Any version of Jplay will work.

You want to achieve a rating of "High Class Professional" on the right hand side of the setup screen which appears after you have selected your driver. As you select the items in above post they turn red and you should see this rating improve. Reaching best level will require 16Gb of RAM .

You can see the manual which is impenetrable but has good pics in a folder inside your BugHead folder.

Version 5.13 requires this to be done every time but 5.12 doesn't so stick with that for now.

When you are refining your settings you need to click on certain parts of the final screen.
Click on PCM if you want to use DoP, leave it alone if you don't.
Click on NORMAL top left for tuning options Blade 10 is good.

Click to the immediate right of a box called LPF and the secret menu opens on a new screen
If you select
Line Command, Black Screen and StardustX4 for me this is best but when your album finishes it requires all of the above again. Hit exit and the Play on previous screen.

Bingo, Gottit?
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers